Trailer Values
horselover1971
Reg. Jul 2012
Posted 2012-07-20 4:54 PM (#145722)
Subject: Trailer Values

New User

Hi! I am looking at buying a 2007 Cimarron Norstar 3 horse slant load GN with an unfinished front end. Trailer has rear tack walk thru door and rear tack. Wired for electic so you can plug. Trying to figure out if 14,000 is a fair/good price? Anyone have any thoughts?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
conner
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2012-07-21 3:01 PM (#145736 - in reply to #145722)
Subject: RE: Trailer Values

In this economy a trailer is worth exactly what a buyer is willing to give. There are a lot more tire kickers than real buyers out there. There are a lot of DEALS to be had, you just have to do comparison shopping and bid um low. You can always go up. So many of these trailers are financed and folks are way upside down. They are trying to get a payoff and a lot are way overpriced when compared to a brand new one!! A suggestion...when buying a used trailer be prepared to deal with what you may not be able to see. Brakes, bearings, hubs, axle spindles and frame. Tires can be a huge expense. I have been trading and working on trailers for 35 years. Be careful and bid um LOW....you might get it bought. If you really like this trailer offer $10K and see what happens.
steelsidedown
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2012-07-21 3:35 PM (#145739 - in reply to #145722)
Subject: RE: Trailer Values

ugh, way upside down!

I've inquired on several 4-6 years old listed for sale, for the "payoff"... they are only $2k less than a brand new one.

It seems the dealers have had to really drop prices to move new trailers. Great for those of us buying, but not if you needed to sell your used one first. 5 36