Share your well-designed small LQs
kcrazzmatazz
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2012-04-20 11:23 AM (#143238)
Subject: Share your well-designed small LQs

I am working with a couple dealers to try and trade down my large 3h w/14 foot short wall LQ to a much more manageable 2H slant with a 6 foot short wall (possibly 8 feet). My highest priority is that the box length be around 18 feet (or ideally even less than that!), and beyond that I need a bathroom, and a fridge and microwave (stove top would be nice but I don't necessarily need that). I've seen some of the great work JBJ Conversions has done while perusing their website, but I suspect I will need to get a factory installed LQ if I can find a dealer to work with me.

I saw a Lakota 25C on horsetrailerworld that seemed really well designed, and it said the floor length was only 16 feet. I'm trying to get a feel for how creatively a small space can be organized so I have a good idea of what my options are. Anyone have photos/floorplans/experiences they want to share?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
colorlvr
Reg. Feb 2012
Posted 2012-04-20 11:44 AM (#143239 - in reply to #143238)
Subject: RE: Share your well-designed small LQs

I have a small 2 horse GN Dream Coach that we're currently working on installing the LQ in. This is the floor plan we're following (from Double Duty):http://www.doubleduty.com/6shortwall.htmIt's a nice size with the shower and toilet and perfect for just 1 person. I don't think I'd go any shorter than an 6' shortwall.

Edited by colorlvr 2012-04-20 11:45 AM
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2012-04-20 2:31 PM (#143243 - in reply to #143238)

Expert

Thisis the Link for the standard LQ layouts from Logan Coach for their 7'3" wide trailers. They also have another page for their 8' wide

http://www.logancoach.com/Trailers/LivingQuarters/73wide/73floorplans.html

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2012-04-21 11:03 AM (#143265 - in reply to #143238)

Expert

With an 18' box length, you can have a 2 horse SL and a 7' short walled LQ. We have a 18' 3H SL with a 4' short wall and LQ. It has a seperate bathroom with shower and toilet, as well as a kitchen area with most ammenities.

Go on line to the web sites of the common LQ installers and you will find various floor plans and photos. Ours is a Sierra. Check out the LQ photos of 2H GNs on HTW's for sale section. This will give you an idea of what is available for the space you want.

The interior layout will be determined by what trailer manufacturer you choose. Different builders will install the main doors on different sides with LQ's over four feet. This will greatly dictate what the interior floor plans will include.

Pintolady
Reg. Jan 2012
Posted 2012-04-28 5:10 PM (#143495 - in reply to #143238)

Regular

I have a 2 horse slant with a 6 foot short wall (merhow veryllite) the LQ was done by Duble Duty.I love the layout.I have a microwave,small sink,frig.,(3 cubic ft) no stove top that way you will have more counter space to put a crock pot or a electric fry pan or even a coffee pot in that space I got the smaller shower stall so I could have more closet space next to the shower.a toilet with more closet space behind toilet.and a dinette with cabinates over the dinette.and I asked them if they could put a little corner shelf on the bed end of the overhead cabinates so I could put a radio there. what a good job they did.oh and i have storage on the steps going up in the gooseneck as well as in the seats of the dinette as well as more storage at the head of the bed. no space was wasted there.they sent me pic as the process was being made. very nice folks to do buisness with...good luck