CM Endurance trailer problems
tinco123
Reg. Aug 2011
Posted 2011-08-02 8:03 AM (#136352)
Subject: CM Endurance trailer problems

New User

I have a two horse CM Endurance trailer and have had horses get stuck in it to the point that we have had to cut them out. The trailer is a good one except for that minor (ha!) problem. I think I know to modify it by welding a solid partition on the divider, but before I do that, does anyone else have a solution that you can recommend? The horse simply turns his head, follows the quarried doors, which are angled back to the divider, then puts his head over the divider and is stuck since I am unable to release the butt bar Or get his head back towards the front. One horse is over 16 hands, one is 15.3, one is 14.3. All have been seriously traumatized over this. Always happens at time of unloading, unless I run a lunge line out the window to the back of the trailer, holding their heads forward. Maybe that is the only option? Still, I see it as a major engineering flaw. My old Campbell Coach never gave me this problem and I think it was a much better designed trailer. But I sold it!Thank you in advance for your time and help.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
tinco123
Reg. Aug 2011
Posted 2011-08-02 8:17 AM (#136354 - in reply to #136352)
Subject: RE: CM Endurance trailer problems

New User

Barred, not quarried doors!
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2011-08-02 10:17 AM (#136362 - in reply to #136352)

Expert

I don't know quite what to tell you, but it reminds me why we do all of our hauling with either of these two trailers.. They have the option of walking out the front... My slant load trailer is sitting in the barn with a load of hay on....

DSCN3276

ornerie
Reg. Sep 2010
Posted 2011-08-02 11:41 AM (#136375 - in reply to #136352)

Regular

do you tie/clip them inside the trailer? leaving them tied up until you open the door should take care of that?

ie: stop, park. get out, open door. drop butt bar. go to front end, untie, toss rope over withers, ask them to back up, nab rope as they back out?

I guess I'm having a hard tiem visualizing exactly how the horse is getting stuck... my horse has never tried to turn around in a straight load!

marybeach0308
Reg. Aug 2011
Posted 2011-08-27 10:18 PM (#137054 - in reply to #136352)

New User

Funny. I JUST sold my 84 Campbell Coach. What year was yours? Do you know much about the model? I LOVED mine but I wanted a slant and something I can camp out in. I know discussing this does not solve your problem you have posed, but you are the only person I have heard about that actually owned one. I have heard that it was the coolest trailer to have then and has been revered as classic. Do you know where they were made and why they went out of business?