Slant Wall Pan with Holding Tank
ellisor
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2011-05-28 9:14 AM (#134394)
Subject: Slant Wall Pan with Holding Tank

I'm installing a weekend package in CM Norstar and need a little insight on the installation of the slant wall shower pan combo drains. From what I can tell from the pictures here http://www.jazzsales.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=46_69... I'm assuming the black water tank is simply plumbed to a dump valve through the floor?
On the gray water drains, are draining straight outside? Or, if into a gray water tank, is there enough room to get a "P" trap in the drain line between the tank and shower?
I've got a few pictures here http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k636/woodwalker1/?start=all that I need to update.

Thanks in advance,
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Linda Y
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2011-05-28 11:59 AM (#134399 - in reply to #134394)
Subject: RE: Slant Wall Pan with Holding Tank

Extreme Veteran

On mine, the gray water drains outside...no separate tank, so if I have to keep the dump for the gray water closed it fills the pipe up pretty fast!
SRWilson
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2011-05-29 12:09 PM (#134409 - in reply to #134394)

Regular

I have the same pan that you are talking about and know what your talking about. I will try to post some pictures but the the easiest way to explain my fix was this:I built the frame for the pan and when I did, I raised it up a couple extra inches. then I took the toilet straight down to the black tank and the shower came straight out out and into a P-trap and back under the frame to dump back in the black tank (Im a little leary about dumping my grey water straight on the ground, it could get nasty after a couple days and I don't need my horses or dogs drinking soapy water.
ellisor
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2011-05-29 2:23 PM (#134410 - in reply to #134409)

Originally written by SRWilson on 2011-05-29 12:09 PM

I have the same pan that you are talking about and know what your talking about. I will try to post some pictures but the the easiest way to explain my fix was this:I built the frame for the pan and when I did, I raised it up a couple extra inches. then I took the toilet straight down to the black tank and the shower came straight out out and into a P-trap and back under the frame to dump back in the black tank (Im a little leary about dumping my grey water straight on the ground, it could get nasty after a couple days and I don't need my horses or dogs drinking soapy water.

SRWilson I think I understand what your saying, The P-trap is under the trailer floor? Are you satisfied with the combo unit? The quality of the unit?
Thanks,
Wade

SRWilson
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2011-07-06 2:30 PM (#135420 - in reply to #134394)

Regular

Wade,I am really pleased with how things worked out. to be clear. I have the same pan you are talking about but i opted to not use the one with a black tank. My tank is also under the trailer floor. my toilet dumps straight down and the shower drain goes straight into the P trap and then back up and into the T to dump with the black H2O. As for the worry of any gasses coming straight back up the toilet, the water in the tank helps create and seal the flap.