Another question about washing trailer
genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2011-05-09 10:04 AM (#133986)
Subject: Another question about washing trailer

Elite Veteran

I didn't want to steal another thread, but have a somewhat similar problem. Last fall I had to take my trailer (3H Elite w/ 12' LQ) to the dealer for some work and leave it. The night before I had to pick it up it snowed with freezing rain. Here in Minnesota they like to apply a liquid ice repelent before storms to keep ice to a minimum. They also use salt after. The problem is, when I got the trailer home it was to cold to run the power washer, and I put the trailer away in the shed. Well, it finally warmed up and I was able to get it out and start getting it ready for summer. The white painted aluminum cleaned up really well, but the polished aluminum won't clean up and appears to have oxidized and pitted. I thought about getting the trailer acid washed, but the drop downs are painted aluminum with the polished trim. I really don't want to acid wash the painted surface because I've seen some that lose their brighter finish. Any suggestions on how to clean these smaller areas, or am I wrong about the acid on the painted finish?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page