Things to do in the Otter Creek area
mud_dog
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2010-08-26 1:41 PM (#124090)
Subject: Things to do in the Otter Creek area

Regular

We are spending a week at Otter Creek. This may be our only trip to this area of NY. Can anyone suggest other things to see and do when we're not riding. Also, places to go out and eat. Thanks.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
pupsnponies
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2010-08-26 6:15 PM (#124103 - in reply to #124090)
Subject: RE: Things to do in the Otter Creek area

When are you going to be there? We hope to be there Labor Day weekend and then the last weekend of the season (Columbus Day) before they turn off the water. We're about 2 hours away to the south. Anyway, pickin's are pretty slim... There's a mega Walmart in Lowville. (! 'Kiddin ya, although it is handy!). There's a diner type place called TrailSide that you can ride to or drive if you prefer. I believe it's pointed out on the maps that are at the Sign In area. Food quality varies, I've found but lotsa folk love it. We discovered a chinese take out on Main St in Lowville that was pretty good. For breakfast we sometimes go to a diner in town Dave's, I think which is a right turn off of Main Street other than that you'll need to ask a local for specifics. Not like there's a lot of Main St though! Fishing is very popular for sport... ATVs..(though they can't ride the main riding trails anymore), hunting... LOL For much of other pursuits you'd be traveling an hour or two, I think.

Mj
share Top of the page Bottom of the page