wdh? equalizer or reese strait line
ereinboldt
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2010-06-20 12:35 PM (#121330)
Subject: wdh? equalizer or reese strait line

New User

Just bought a '97 Logan Coach 3h bp trailer.  Want to buy wdh and sway control system for it.  Looking between the equalizer and the reese strait line as these offer both in one system.  My wife has no experience pulling trailers of any kind so this will be her first and want something easy and safe for her to use when i am not around.  These two systems look from what i have read to be that plus within price range i can afford.  Looking for opinions or other possible options.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2010-06-22 2:19 PM (#121409 - in reply to #121330)
Subject: RE: wdh? equalizer or reese strait line

Expert

Went through the same exact same decision back when I hauled with the Trailblazer, ended up with the Equal-i-zer.  Worked fine for me though I was mostly concerned with the weight distribution, sway was really not an issue with a 2H.  IMO the EQ was easier to set up and use with rivet/washer for the head angle vs serrated washer pinch style for the SL, the SL required more mods to the trailer tongue.  I had read some discussion on how the EQ was technically a 'passive' sway control using friction for sway control and the SL was 'active' sway control due to the spring tension on the cams attempting to straighten the trailer any time it was out of alignment.  Unless there has been considerable change to either system, I agree with that assessment.  If I had a 3H then I probably would have gone with the SL as sway control would have been higher on my list of priorities.
ereinboldt
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2010-06-24 8:04 PM (#121508 - in reply to #121330)
Subject: RE: wdh? equalizer or reese strait line

New User

Thanks for the info.  I was leaning with the sl for the reasons stated, but just wanted to see what people thought that had used either or both before.