air ride on trailers
spades
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-12 3:29 PM (#120066)
Subject: air ride on trailers

New User

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the good and bad about air ride.  I have heard if the air ride fails this may result in having to replace the axles, obvousily a big expense.  Any info about air ride would be appreciated as I don't know much about it.

Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jakefreese
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2010-05-12 9:24 PM (#120084 - in reply to #120066)
Subject: RE: air ride on trailers

Regular

best thing I ever did. My pickup has been air ride since 99 and the 05 TW trailer is air ride. It is some more things to deal with but since my truck is air ride I run air to the trailer off the truck. It works wonderful, if you did have a bag failure I can not imagine having to replace more than just the bag. mechanical damage and water in the air are the worst things for air ride. knock on wood I have never lost a bag, I do have a desiccant dryer on it to keep the air dry which you have to renew the desiccant occasionally. The great thing about the air ride is you have the same ride whether you have a full load or just one horse. I have bags with internal bump stops and makes it so you could run with no air if you really had to and when I get to where I am going I dump the air most of the time so the trailer is lower and when your moving around in the trailer it is more solid. I am in the middle of moving I will get some pics up in a few weeks if i get time.
spades
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-12 11:13 PM (#120087 - in reply to #120066)
Subject: RE: air ride on trailers

New User

Thanks for the info that was very helpful.