road trip- it over
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2010-05-04 9:03 AM (#119695)
Subject: road trip- it over

Expert

I have returned from the Road trip from Michigan to Minnesota.Under the heading- why NOT wait until the last minute, I hooked up the trailer on Friday only to find most of the lights didn't work. I thought maybe the plug had some corrision so I sprayed some stuff in it, replugged and nothing. We took apart the plug and the plastic fell apart. Quick trip to the auto store, replaced the plug...nothing. We checked the harness and everything looked good. Remember I was leaving the next day I really wanted the turn signals the brake lights to work...thought about canceling the trip when I recalled a time my pals trailer lights weren't working...the fuses had blown so i asked my husband...why not check the fuses? Sure nuff, a few were bad so another quick trip to the auto store, i came back with fuses...problem solved..I checked the air pressure and oil...saturday afternoon I headed out. Got to Gladstone ( in the UP) and visited with my brother inlaw and his family. The orginial idea was to stay there for the night but since it was still light out and I felt good, I figured I'd put a few more hours behind me and made it to Shawano Wis. I had always teased my dad about camping in a Walmart parking lot but here it was 10 pm and dark... I was tired, hungry and needed batteries for my GPS and make up remover...so I pulled in and figured..why not? I bought what I needed, ate something and crawled into bed. Called my dad the next day to tell him I was now a wal mart hobo. He was so proud.Made it to Jordan Mn about 3 pm..found the farm then found a KOA campsite just 4 miles away. Now someone posted on this site claiming you cannot stay at a KOA with a unapproved camper...my LQ is homemade but looks good. The good people at KOA never asked about the LQ, never checked...didn't care. I had a nice quite camp site,eletric and facilities for 32 bucks.After seeing the horse and letting them know I would be back the next day at 7 am to load up, I found a grocery store to get some vittles and settled into my camp site.I took a nice long nap and then managed to kill time as I didn't want to unhook. It would have been nice to drive around the area but I just didn't want to work of unhooking.7 am I arrived back at the farm..barn people came to work, we loaded Brass Fire easily- at 4 he had never been off the farm. I took off at 7;30. I made several stops along the way as well as stopping at my brother inlaws again for supper. Got home at 9:30 pm....It was a easy drive..except for minneapolis traffic, the roads were clear and dry. Thanks for all your good ideas and suggestions they all came in handy.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
JustMary
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2010-05-04 9:19 AM (#119696 - in reply to #119695)
Subject: RE: road trip- it over

Regular

Glad to hear your trip was successful and safe!

What are your plans for the new pony?

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2010-05-04 9:26 AM (#119698 - in reply to #119695)
Subject: RE: road trip- it over

Expert

I show arabians and this horse will be a CEP horse....country english pleasure