Newbie has a couple of questions
bavenda
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-02-13 11:15 PM (#116552)
Subject: Newbie has a couple of questions

I just bought at 1993 Trojan, 2 horse, straight load condition in good but not great condition.

1) One side has a double snap attachment to attach the horse to the trailer after the horse has been loaded.  The other side just has the ring.   I use the double snap attachment and connect directly to the halter on one side and use the lead rope connected to the trailer mounted ring on the other.   Should I buy a second double snap attachment?  If so, were do I get one?

2) On one side there is a rubber pad facing the front of the trailer below the padded area which hits the horse's chest. One side has the rubber pad (described above) near the front legs, the other side has nothing.  Is this an important pad (again below the pad that hit their chest?  If so, where do I get one?

Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2010-02-14 9:27 AM (#116557 - in reply to #116552)
Subject: RE: Newbie has a couple of questions

Elite Veteran

Hi. Is this your first trailer? you may have bigger concerns than double hooks... you can get them at almost any farm supply store (TSC/Orcheln's/etc). You might need to take up mats and look at the FLOOR. Is  the trailer steel? if so, you might want to crawl under it and check out the frame on it. It is an older trailer, it may be great but just make sure it is really solid so you and your horse will be safe when you haul. The pads can be replaced at Redneck trailer supply. They are not expensive. Good luck, and happy trails..
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2010-02-14 9:47 AM (#116559 - in reply to #116552)
Subject: RE: Newbie has a couple of questions

Expert

Welcome to HTW!!!  Look around on this site or give her a call, she'll probably have what you're looking.

http://www.horsetraileraccessorystore.com/trailer_pads.htm