Older Featherlite 2H BP
wdh009
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-13 2:01 PM (#111812)
Subject: Older Featherlite 2H BP

New User

Hi all,

Newbie here. I just purchased my first horse trailer. Its a 1994 Featherlite 2-horse bumper-pull model# 9420.

It seems to be in pretty good shape, other than a few minor things.

I have not been able to find any references to this model trailer online at all, and wondered if any of you have any experience with it and would care to share your thoughts.

One thing I'd like to fix are the window screens. They don't stay on the tracks very well and are very loose. They have these little plastic guides which fit into the screen framing, and this is apparently what the screen slides on when put onto the tracks. Some are missing, some are broken, and none seem to provide a snug fit. Is this common and will replacing these remedy the problem? Also, can the seals for the windows be replaced easily?
I also wondered if anyone knows what the empty weight and tongue weight are for this trailer? This isn't on the placard.

Where would the best place be to find a used ST225/70r15 tire, as my spare is blown out?

Any other tips and advice pertaining to this model, or Featherlites in general would be helpful.

Thanks much,
Den
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-10-13 2:32 PM (#111814 - in reply to #111812)
Subject: RE: Older Featherlite 2H BP

Expert

Does your trailer look like this one...?

<script> window.setTimeout("watermark()",50);  

How old are the rest of the tires? If they are 5-6 years old, they all should be replaced...

Contact your nearest "Featherlite" dealer for those window screen parts, have your serial number in hand. They should be able to get the correct parts.

That  ST225 /70 x 15 tire may hard to find, next choice would be a ST225 /75 x 15. It's a little taller but not by much.... No elcheapo Chinese tires for me. The Goodyear Marathon may be built in China, but they're built as per Goodyear's specifications as they would be here in the US.. You could also use a LT truck tire is that size.

http://www.goodyear.com/rv/products/marathon.html

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Marathon+Radial

Welcome to HTW.

wdh009
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-13 2:51 PM (#111815 - in reply to #111812)

New User

Hey, it looks exactly like that one! So another one does exist!

The current tires are the Goodyear Marathons. I don't know how old they are. I can't afford new tires at the moment, but if I trailer at all this year, it will only be within a couple of miles of home. Maybe next year.

How long have you had yours and how do you like it? Any handy mods or fixes you've made?

Thanks,
Den
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-10-13 3:09 PM (#111816 - in reply to #111812)

Expert

LOL!!... That's not my trailer, it's one I found that had been for sale on HTW!!! Posted the picture to give everyone an idea of what the trailer looked like.

http://www.horsetrailers-online.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=193711

Now you can compare prices...