Should we get a trailer cover for Iowa winter??
millironk
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-10-13 7:57 AM (#111794)
Subject: Should we get a trailer cover for Iowa winter??

Regular

Does anyone have any comments on the ty-vek or other type trailer covers?  We do not have any access to indoor storage for our 4 horse - 10 foot living quarters.  What exactly are the covers supposed to do?  And do they do that?  What materials seem to work the best for our Iowa winters.  Any comments would be very welcome.  Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
laurie
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2009-10-13 8:30 AM (#111795 - in reply to #111794)
Subject: RE: Should we get a trailer cover for Iowa winter??

Extreme Veteran

I used to get my pontoon shrink wrapped so a boat dealer could probably do that for you.I think I remember something about holding moisture in though. Tyvek is expensive and I think you would have a hard time securing it. I personally would look to put it in storage for RV's or something of that sort. My next option would be a couple of coats of good wax.
luvarabs
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2009-10-13 10:50 AM (#111803 - in reply to #111794)
Subject: RE: Should we get a trailer cover for Iowa winter??

If it is in your budget, check with your county fairgrounds as to storing your trailer inside for the winter...I know here where I live in northern IL the county I live in and a few surrounding ones offer their buildings for storage during the winter...Don't know what they charge, but do know they have a set date when you can bring in your trailers, boats, rvs, campers, etc. and have a set date when they have to be taken out in the spring....Might be worth checking out, just another idea....