Need help with partial DIY LQ- insulation and shower questions
eventergirl
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2009-08-24 12:47 PM (#109908)
Subject: Need help with partial DIY LQ- insulation and shower questions

I bought a trailer with a 5' partial LQ. Cabinets, sink (no holding tanks), micro, fridge, AC unit. Wired with 110v for several lights and the appliances. I recently added a battery for DC power to my other interior lights, and am looking to add a Fantastic Fan to the roof so that I can get some air flow without having to be plugged in or running generators for AC. I have a porto-potty that goes in the mid-tack, but what suggestions do you have for a shower. Do I have any options without adding on propane tanks, etc.? I guess I'm not sure if there is a small hot water on demand type thing that I could hook up to a portable water tank, bucket, or something. I'll be living in this for several weeks so a shower of some sort would be nice. I do have places to dump the waste so that's not an issue. My other question is about insulation. Would it do me any good to insulate just the ceiling in the LQ? The walls are finished, so I don't want to try to do anything with them, but if adding insulation to the ceiling/gooseneck part would help then I could possibly do that. If so what would you use? Not looking for perfect, just functional:) Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mbqh
Reg. Aug 2009
Posted 2009-08-24 1:37 PM (#109912 - in reply to #109908)
Subject: RE: Need help with partial DIY LQ- insulation and shower questions

We used the insulation board, sorta like styrofoam. It makes a huge differance. It really keeps the heat out.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-08-24 10:23 PM (#109938 - in reply to #109908)
Subject: RE: Need help with partial DIY LQ- insulation and shower questions

Expert

Go to "Search" in the top left portion of the header. Select "Trailer Talk" and "DIY" under subject and body. Default the time to one year and then click "submit" You will find many hours of reading about LQs.

Gard