Tires/Sensors
ProCue
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-08-04 11:26 AM (#108946)
Subject: Tires/Sensors

Good morning!

I just purchased a 2 horse with LQ.  I am going to immediately replace the tires as they show some dry rotting.  I am considering Greenballs.  Any thoughts on those?

Also, thoughts on tire pressure sensors?

Thank you!!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-08-04 12:12 PM (#108948 - in reply to #108946)
Subject: RE: Tires/Sensors

Expert

Welcome to HTW...

Edited by retento 2009-08-06 6:06 PM
captclank
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2009-08-04 12:41 PM (#108951 - in reply to #108946)

Veteran

I agree with Retendo about the manual check and inspection. However, I love my Pressure Pro tire sensors. If you have a leak in a tire, the sensors may let you know before you have a blowout and save having to buy a new tire. I travel a lot of miles and switch them between my regular trailer, my LQ, and my utility trailer. They are relly nice "insurance". I know it has saved me 5 times in 2 years and paid for itself.
ProCue
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-08-04 1:20 PM (#108952 - in reply to #108948)

ProCue
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-08-04 1:23 PM (#108954 - in reply to #108948)

They are made by B.F. Goodrich.  They are not a cheap tire at all. :)  Greenball specializes in trailer and off road equipment tires.

Trailer came out of factory with Marathons on it.

I check my tire pressures when I hook up and do a look over.  Just wondered about the added monitoring when I'm zipping down the interstate.

Thanks for the welcome.  I've been here a while, just never posted.

ProCue
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-08-04 1:26 PM (#108956 - in reply to #108951)

Great!  That's the kind of information I need.  I will be from KY to FL and back quite a bit with a really nice filly.  Just want to make sure we get there in good order.  I noticed on a diesel forum they were using the TTS sensor.  Have any comments on those?
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-08-04 1:52 PM (#108958 - in reply to #108954)

Expert

Edited by retento 2009-08-06 6:07 PM
Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-08-04 2:33 PM (#108962 - in reply to #108948)

I have to agree with everyone on the manual checks, but I'll have to disagree on the sensors. If you pay attention to them just like every other gauge, they will tell you when you have picked up something. When a tire loses 20psi over the stretch of two miles, you know you need to stop and check it...before I could get pulled off, it had lost 45psi...otherwise, I would have known about the time it started shaking and throwing tread and tearing up the fender.
ProCue
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-08-04 3:18 PM (#108963 - in reply to #108958)

ProCue
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-08-04 3:31 PM (#108964 - in reply to #108958)

Um, you forgot part... and it's Goodyear.  I was wrong about B.F.Goodrich:

Supply Sources

From 1976 to 1993, Greenball Corporation sourced their tires through a single vendor. Cheng Shin Rubber Co. in Taiwan exported and exclusively manufactured Greenball tire designs. In 1993, Goodyear Tire and Rubber Inc. became a reliable domestic source. After 1994, Greenball has developed a stable of ten (10) supply sources to meet the evolving and growing needs of the company.

Greenball now sources different categories of products from different manufacturers, depending on the vendor's facilities and capabilities. Today, many tire industry experts agree that our Towmaster program is one of the few comprehensive and complete special tire programs available in the market place.

Have you ever used these tires?  I am curious, what is your affiliation with Goodyear?  You seem very knowledgeable about them.  The information I found was on diesel and RV forums.  As far as I can tell the only American made tires at this point are Cooper, Goodyear and Kelly Springfield.  I am aware of U.S. Rider and will decide on that later.  Just like anything else, I have heard good and bad with that.  Most of the horse show folks I know prefer OnStar - which is unfortunately NOT available on my truck.

The current Marathons on my trailer are showing dry rot.  They are 235-75-15s. GVR is not going to be accurate as it does not include LQ in that weight.

Gotta run before the next round of rain comes in.  Have a great night!

ProCue
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-08-04 3:32 PM (#108965 - in reply to #108962)

Tres, thank you for that information.  First hand knowledge shared is always the best! :)  Which one do you have?

(How do I keep getting blank posts appearing on here?)

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-08-04 3:56 PM (#108968 - in reply to #108946)

Expert

Edited by retento 2009-08-06 6:09 PM
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-08-04 5:15 PM (#108971 - in reply to #108968)

Expert

I am curious, what is your affiliation with Goodyear? None, other than the fact that Goodyear is the only Mfg. I've found that has a steel cased, load range G, 235/85-16 radial trailer tire that's rated at 3750# at 75 mph... I run these G614RST tires,

I'm afraid that people are finding out about you Retento. You won't be able to hide your affiliation much longer, so I'm going to spill the beans.

Unbeknowing to us, Retendo has been secretly working for the Goodyear company in the research and development department. He has been overtly developing new applications for the G RST line of tires. Because of his employment, he cannot be unbiased about this product.

So far he has initiated several product applications for the "G" rated tires. Among them are: wheels for his kitchen serving cart, his barn wheel barrows, tires for his saddle rack stands, and his personal chair. In the works are grocery cart wheels, airport baggage carts, and my favourite, new wheels for the lumber carts at Lowe's that never track well at all.

He has already tried and discarded wheels for tots, TV stands, mechanic's creepers and hovercraft dollies.

His pet project has been to equip the various golf carts used in retirement and gated communities. This is especially rewarding due to the number of lives he has saved. Most carts come equipped with the dreaded orange gum skins, that when pushed to their limits, peel off the rims and cause the carts to over turn. The  elderly closet racers, were constantly complaining about the numerous wrecks and poor quality. Retento to the rescue! Now that most of the racers have retrofitted their carts with the new tires, there has never been a wreck caused by a blow out, with a "G" rated Goodyear tire on a golf cart.

Gary should be applauded for his inspiration and conduct.  By developing these new applications, his efforts have benefited all of mankind. As an aside, and a personal note, with the newly installed tires, my grand mother was able to win her latest heat by over 23 seconds, in the door to store class for pink carts with modified surrey tops.

Thank you Retento!

BOL  Gard

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-08-04 5:31 PM (#108973 - in reply to #108946)

Expert

Edited by retento 2009-08-06 6:10 PM
Marla
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2009-08-04 8:37 PM (#108980 - in reply to #108946)

Extreme Veteran

Gard,
Your sense of humour is truly astounding! I enjoy every one of your essays. A good laugh is good for everyone.

Marla
ProCue
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-08-05 11:46 AM (#109006 - in reply to #108968)

If you have no first hand knowledge of these, then why not from the beginning just say, never used 'em, prefer Goodyear and here's why. I've had quite a few people say they will not use Goodyear on their trailers due to lack of durability. There was no need to be snide. I asked a legitimate question and need first hand knowledge answers. I read your previous posts prior to even posting this. I understand where your preference lies. But you've never said hey this is why (until today), just belittled anything not Goodyear. I do NOT have 16's on this trailer. They are 15's. I was told yesterday that in a 15, an ST tire was the way to go. If it was a 16, go with LT. This person explained why they had that opinion. I asked you a legit question about your affiliation with Goodyear thinking you may be a mechanic or a tire person. 

People come here to learn and share ideas.  Teach instead of just taking the I-said-so tactic.  If you have knowledge, share it without the condescending tone and explain it.  There is not need to belittle someone just because they question you, don't use the same equipment (i.e. sensors) as you or don't agree with you.  I certainly hope you won't use that side-of-the road comment for someone else in the future.  People have been robbed, injured or worse in those situations.  I hope your tires last you til the end of time and that you are NEVER stranded for any reason. 

To those of you that provided useful, first hand knowledge/information, THANK YOU!  I genuinely appreciate it.  Good luck to all and God bless.

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-08-05 12:15 PM (#109009 - in reply to #109006)

Expert

Originally written by ProCue on 2009-08-05 12:46 PM

If you have no first hand knowledge of these, then why not from the beginning just say, never used 'em, prefer Goodyear and here's why. I've had quite a few people say they will not use Goodyear on their trailers due to lack of durability. There was no need to be snide. I asked a legitimate question and need first hand knowledge answers. I read your previous posts prior to even posting this. I understand where your preference lies. But you've never said hey this is why (until today), just belittled anything not Goodyear. I do NOT have 16's on this trailer. They are 15's. I was told yesterday that in a 15, an ST tire was the way to go. If it was a 16, go with LT. This person explained why they had that opinion. I asked you a legit question about your affiliation with Goodyear thinking you may be a mechanic or a tire person. 

People come here to learn and share ideas.  Teach instead of just taking the I-said-so tactic.  If you have knowledge, share it without the condescending tone and explain it.  There is not need to belittle someone just because they question you, don't use the same equipment (i.e. sensors) as you or don't agree with you.  I certainly hope you won't use that side-of-the road comment for someone else in the future.  People have been robbed, injured or worse in those situations.  I hope your tires last you til the end of time and that you are NEVER stranded for any reason. 

To those of you that provided useful, first hand knowledge/information, THANK YOU!  I genuinely appreciate it.  Good luck to all and God bless.

I got first hand knowledge, just got sense enough about me not to buy and depend on any sorry tires. Go ahead, don't believe anything I've try to tell you.... Ask anyone here.... I don't try to belittle anyone, nor do I try to lead anyone astray... Buy and use what you like. You trailer has "Marathons" on it now, why not go back with the same, they are probably the best "ST" tire on the market...You asked a question, I gave you my take on it. You don't like what I've said, then move on..... Do as you please.  Again, good luck with your trailer tire purchase...

Edited by retento 2009-08-05 12:16 PM
ProCue
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-08-05 12:34 PM (#109010 - in reply to #109009)

WHY are they sorry tires?  Is it because they are not made in the U.S. or is there something in the design that is flawed?  Please explain.  You gave me your opinion of the brands but not the whys.  That's what I am and have been trying to get from you.  Why is Marathon the best of the ST tires?  Please explain.
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-08-05 1:34 PM (#109013 - in reply to #109010)

Expert

Originally written by ProCue on 2009-08-05 1:34 PM

WHY are they sorry tires?  Is it because they are not made in the U.S. or is there something in the design that is flawed?  Please explain.  You gave me your opinion of the brands but not the whys.  That's what I am and have been trying to get from you.  Why is Marathon the best of the ST tires?  Please explain.

They are sorry tires IMHO, because.... Most of these tires built in Asia do not have the UV protection that the US built tires have... They will start to dry rot and crumble in a period of a couple years... Another example.. Some of the load range D tires may only have 3 plys of material rather than 5 to eight plys like a regular US built name brand tire... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.. Good tires aren't cheap. Cheap tires aren't good.. . Some of the Goodyear Marathons are made in China... The difference being, they are built as per Goodyear specs, etc.. If I had a trailer with 15" wheels and I wanted an "ST" trailer tire, I would purchase the Goodyear Marathons and never look back.

Go up to the top of the page and type in the word TIRES in the seach feature... There's plenty to read, I don't have time  to write a book, it's already been done.... Google search Chinese tires...

As I said before, you don't have to believe anything I've tried to tell you... Better yet, if you feel that I have in anyway tried to trick, deceive, lie or belittle you, then report me to the Moderators... Mr. Trailer, Mr. Truck, txdad, and windy. big rectangular box on the top right of this page...

I'm done with the interrogation....

Edited by retento 2009-08-05 3:33 PM
DD_TrailerMan
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-08-05 2:32 PM (#109016 - in reply to #109013)

Veteran

Retento is from Rocky Mount, NC.  I have been there and there is no Goodyear tire plant.  Haha.  In addition, Retento is one of the most respected guys on here.  Double D uses Goodyear Marathons and I think they are from China, been using them for almost 3 years and no trouble. 

Bartley Heath
bartley@DoubleDTrailers.com
Buy Factory Direct at DoubleDTrailers.com

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-08-05 5:38 PM (#109023 - in reply to #108946)

Expert

ProCue,

Not too long after I joined this forum, I had a catastrophic failure of my truck's front tire. It resulted in my rig jackknifing twice and almost rolling each time. The only reason my whole family didn't perish, is because somebody was looking after us.

At that time I had no knowledge that Firestone Steelex tires had been recalled for some Ford products, but not my truck. It had never been discussed in this forum, and I had no inkling there would be a problem. I was not privy to any knowledge of the impending accident. You on the other hand are given fair warning of what may happen when using the wrong tires. I wish to God that I had the same privilege.

Now that you are a member of this form, you have the advantage of receiving knowledge from people "who have been there and done that". There is a tremendous data base of information within this group, that has made it one of the most popular forums of its type on the Internet.

We are not all professional tire engineers, but we can tell you what works, what doesn't and what to avoid. This will be based on personal experiences, not spread sheets or news from a friend's best friend. Not too long ago, was a report of a rig blowing three tires during the same trip. Knowing what type of tires the driver was using is very important to anyone not wishing to duplicate the ordeal.

It would behoove a new member to browse the past threads using the search function. Not only will he learn a lot, but he will begin to see some patterns. Some posters have experiences in certain topics. Some are professionals and can get very technical with critical details. Some are everyday folks, trying to get along as easily and pleasurably as possible.

Your search will also show different personalities and styles. Some post long winded threads like me, others don't. Some beat around the bush, some don't.

When someone with a lot of experience tells you flat out not to do something, it would be wise to listen. Remember, he's been there, you haven't. Retento obviously knows more about the tires' issues than you or I do. His style is one of being to the point, never condescending and he tells it like it is, not what you may want to hear.

Before you jump some of the more experienced "Old timers" that have helped countless people and asked nothing in return for the favours, you should spend some more time browsing the previous threads. You may be able to determine the worth and character of the person you are about to unjustly assassinate.

Gard

Edited by gard 2009-08-05 5:46 PM
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-08-05 5:38 PM (#109024 - in reply to #108946)

Expert

sorry, duplicate thread

Edited by gard 2009-08-05 5:54 PM
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-08-05 5:43 PM (#109025 - in reply to #108946)

Expert

What the? Sorry again

Edited by gard 2009-08-05 5:55 PM
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2009-08-06 12:23 AM (#109043 - in reply to #109016)

Expert

Originally written by DD_TrailerMan on 2009-08-05 3:32 PM

Retento is from Rocky Mount, NC.  I have been there and there is no Goodyear tire plant.  Haha.  In addition, Retento is one of the most respected guys on here.  Double D uses Goodyear Marathons and I think they are from China, been using them for almost 3 years and no trouble. 

Bartley Heath
bartley@DoubleDTrailers.com

retento discovered to be involved with Nascar Racing Tire program...

Unfortunately he appears to be near the bottom of the food chain...

Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-08-06 7:17 AM (#109047 - in reply to #108965)

Originally written by ProCue on 2009-08-04 3:32 PM

Tres, thank you for that information.  First hand knowledge shared is always the best! :)  Which one do you have?

(How do I keep getting blank posts appearing on here?)

http://www.mrtrailer.com/pressurepro.htm Simple to use...like I said, I know it has saved me one blow out.

ProCue
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-08-06 1:46 PM (#109070 - in reply to #109023)

Gard,

First, thank you for your post.  I appreciate your reaching out.

This may be the first post but I've been reading for a long time.  I understand how forums work and that upsetting the longtime regulars tends to upset the apple cart.  It doesn't really matter to me because I'm going back to read only.  I only asked for an opinion on the Greenballs because I'd read thru the posts for the last 360 days (no easy task), not finding any mention of those specific tires.  We were told by a large company specializing in trailer tires, these were about as good as you can get even if they are not well known.  I asked about these tires specifically.  I asked about tire sensors.  While he may have knowledge of these, the posts seemed condescending to both and very because I said so.  If it was not meant that way, that's fine.  He has knowledge to share, then explain it.  It doesn't take that much longer and educates the poster/reader.  I asked about first hand knowledge or why they aren't good and finally got the answer.  I am not new to trailering.  I've been pulling horse trailers for almost 25 years now. 3 members of my family own trucking businesses and we are a farming family.  I simply wanted to know if there was something new out there that was better than what I've previously used.   I was hoping for someone with specific information to those tires and the sensors to reply.  I did get that from the sensor folks.  And I thank them. 

Regardless, I'm done.  May the apple cart be uprighted and by all means carry on happily!  Have a fantastic rest of 2009 and beyond!

PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2009-08-06 4:12 PM (#109078 - in reply to #108946)

Expert

Here are some comments about Greenball Tires...

http://www.epinions.com/msg/show_~threads/cat_id_~3/id_~16703/forum_id_~124

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-06 4:50 PM (#109082 - in reply to #109047)

Elite Veteran

ProCue,

Thanks for posting your question.  I understand it can be intimidating and believe me, we do not want new members and new questions to go unanswered because - people are too afraid to ask.

To Gary aka Retento,

Apologize to this guest immediately for being blunt!  You really sounded like me . . . giving advice to my teenage son.  It's not a pretty sight but I didn't know how bad it looked until my wife told me to ease up on our son.  (Dads do that, I'm told.  I have trouble pointing out what appears to me to be - so obvious

Unless someone holds up a mirror (like I am doing) you don't see yourself and the image you project.  We are trying to help you because you contribute to the board, but if there's no one left to ask questions . . .

Retento?  Are you listening?  This is, after all, my house.  Ya gotta remove the heavy boots and gun belt at the door. 

Thanks.

Dave
HTW

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-08-06 6:04 PM (#109084 - in reply to #108946)

Expert

OK, alright, I'm sorry that I have upset Dave and ProCue with my reply's to ProCue's topic on "Greenball" tires and tire pressure sensors... I'm sorry if I have upset anyone else here at HTW, from something I've said in previous posts.... So, the best I can do now is delete everything I've posted on this topic...

Gary Batts,  AKA... Retento

Outta Here....

Edited by retento 2009-08-06 6:15 PM
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-06 6:14 PM (#109085 - in reply to #109084)

Elite Veteran

Thanks. 

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-08-06 6:28 PM (#109087 - in reply to #109082)

Expert

Originally written by DaveM on 2009-08-06 5:50 PM

To Gary aka Retento,

Apologize to this guest immediately for being blunt! 

Retento?  Are you listening?  This is, after all, my house.  

Dave

HTW

Why do these rules only apply to the people who help the most?????????

Why don't 't these same rules apply to the people who constantly only post to degrade others and cause controversy?????????????

Why aren't these rules unilaterally enforced?????????????

Edited by gard 2009-08-06 6:31 PM
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-06 6:47 PM (#109090 - in reply to #109087)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by gard on 2009-08-06 6:28 PM

Originally written by DaveM on 2009-08-06 5:50 PM

To Gary aka Retento,

Apologize to this guest immediately for being blunt! 

Retento?  Are you listening?  This is, after all, my house.  

Dave

HTW

Why do these rules only apply to the people who help the most?????????

Why don't 't these same rules apply to the people who constantly only post to degrade others and cause controversy?????????????

Why aren't these rules unilaterally enforced?????????????

Because we live in a fallen world and people are not perfect.  It takes work to build a community and it's not easy.  Nor is a community built by banning people who break rules.  EVERYONE breaks rules.   The main difference?  Some, like Retento apologized. 

Section I.  General Board Rules

1.  Please don't use the public board to argue and challenge board policy

or rule enforcement.  But we do want to hear from you.

If you disagree, or want clarification as to  why a particular topic, post or individual was removed feel free to question us.  Please email a moderator.    HTW  will attempt to respond to each and every inquiry posed to us in this format.  

And this one is extremely important as well.

2.  We reserve the right to delete any message or poster for any reason.  This is a privately owned board room - and those that seek to disrupt the board for their own purposes, gains or amusement will be removed at the owners discretion.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-08-06 6:53 PM (#109091 - in reply to #108946)

Expert

So it's Ok for some people to flagrantly and often break the rules, and fear no retribution, because not only is it allowed, but condoned.

Others can't tell it like it is in an effort to distribute knowledge, and are chastised for doing so.

I know, it's your game and ball

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-06 7:06 PM (#109092 - in reply to #109091)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by gard on 2009-08-06 6:53 PM

So it's Ok for some people to flagrantly and often break the rules, and fear no retribution, because not only is it allowed, but condoned.

Others can't tell it like it is in an effort to distribute knowledge, and are chastised for doing so.

I know, it's your game and ball

You, actually, break the rules more often than anyone on this board, with your public questioning of things that irritate you in how I run the board.  So you should be banned.

Retento has a ruff style and intimidates newer posters with his blunt answers and style, so he, should be banned.

Let's play this thru since you choose to cross swords openly.  If this were your board, who would be banned?  According to the rules?

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-08-06 7:44 PM (#109093 - in reply to #109092)

Expert

[

You, actually, break the rules more often than anyone on this board, with your public questioning of things that irritate you in how I run the board.  So you should be banned.

Actually I may be the only one who questions the fairness of your enforcement, and for the record, I've done it once before.

Retento has a ruff style and intimidates newer posters with his blunt answers and style, so he, should be banned.

So someone who is blunt and helpful should be banned.

Let's play this thru since you choose to cross swords openly.  If this were your board, who would be banned?  According to the rules?

Those who only post to promote racism, bigotry, hatred and distention are allowed to continue unabated. Those who bully, degrade and insult others are allowed to post without interruption.

Why do you even bother to post or refer to the rules, when everyone breaks them, and the violators are automatically given a free pass and ignored? If you are going to have and enforce rules, do it fairly and unilaterally.

I prefer a public forum. Then unlike our last encounter, I can't be accused of saying things that didn't occur.

I've said my piece. Ban me for questioning your motives. Enjoy your last word.

Gardner C

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-06 8:13 PM (#109095 - in reply to #109093)

Elite Veteran

1.  No you are not the only one who questions the fairness of my enforcement of the rules.  How could you assume that?  But as you can see, I don't ride with a tight rein.  We do have more conservatives on this board than liberals, but I don't apologize for that - it's just the way it is.  I know that's very irritating to some, but I get irritated watching state run news channels too.  My board is just one small voice - and I hate to stifle it - it any direction.

2.  You're the one who complains constantly about retento & others with a differing ideaology than yours.  You are right, he is helpful but blunt. I chose to confront him with an apology.  I asked you to propose a solution and you turned it back to me in the form of yet another question.

3.  If you know individuals who promote racism, bigotry, hatred, disention, bully, degrade and insult others I want their names.  You can do so privately by email.  Like your previous emails to me, I will not disclose the contents.

4.  Like I've asked before, if you are so offended with the running of this board you are free not to post.  You've been around over a year or two now, if it was the last word I wanted it would have happened long ago

If you want people gone - feel free to share that with us too. 

sinful
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-08-07 7:07 AM (#109108 - in reply to #108946)

Extreme Veteran

I for one like my questions answered "blunt & to the Point"     Why beat around the bush, of course I am not easily offended either. 

Don't go away Retento...we all need you here.   That goes for you to Gard!

Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2009-08-07 9:06 AM (#109111 - in reply to #109095)

Dave-thank you for letting me play from time-to-time. I'm sorry if I have caused you any heartburn. I'm sure gardner has outed me as a frequent offender. Where's Joe McCarthy now that we need him?
DD_TrailerMan
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-08-07 9:26 AM (#109114 - in reply to #109108)

Veteran

Ha, this seems to have gotten out of hand.
We all know who's playground we are playing on but come on....nobody wants Gard or Retento to quit posting.  Those 2 are the MOST important posters on this board.  When someone has a serious question, they call on those 2 for answers.  Blunt and to the point isn't a bad thing.  In my opinion, you would be better off listening to these 2 guys before you listen to some fast talking, self-serving salesman that doesn't always have your best interests in mind. 

Bartley Heath
bartley@doubledtrailers.com

Edited by DD_TrailerMan 2009-08-07 9:41 AM
genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2009-08-07 9:45 AM (#109115 - in reply to #108946)

Elite Veteran

I normally don't get into personal battles, but feel the need to comment on this one,

I am one of the people who value both Gards and Retento's knowledge. I don't always agree with them, but that is what free speech is all about.

Retento, on this post I also felt immediately that you were a little to harsh to a new poster. When he asked for specific information, he was chastised by both you and Gard. It's not the first time, but it is my belief that THIS time you both went a little bit over board.

I hope this one instance does not chase anyone away from this forum because WE ALL have things to learn and contribute.

As my signature says....

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-07 5:47 PM (#109140 - in reply to #109115)

Elite Veteran

As Thomas Jefferson said, “A little revolution now and then is a good thing.”

As some may have noticed, I moved the "political" post off our trailer board.  But so dear to me is this topic that I invite you all to ANOTHER board by the same owners.

www.politigab.com

You will find good company there for discussing politics.

And yes, they are mostly horse people.

hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-08-08 12:12 AM (#109155 - in reply to #109108)

Expert

Originally written by sinful on 2009-08-07 7:07 AM

I for one like my questions answered "blunt & to the Point"     Why beat around the bush, of course I am not easily offended either. 

Don't go away Retento...we all need you here.   That goes for you to Gard!

I agree with you 100%! We need them around these guys are great help!

HTB

Edited by hogtownboss 2009-08-08 12:14 AM
Spooler
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2009-08-10 9:25 PM (#109238 - in reply to #108946)

Extreme Veteran

I have debated posting on this thread for a while. While yes, some of the information is very useful that some of these folks post. The bottom line is this, nobody will stick around due to the way some folks handle themselves. If they were talking with you face to face they may come across very different. Forums, email, etc. are naturally very unpersonal and folks can come across in the wrong way. Do I condon this type behavior, NO. My opinion is this. If you have to talk down to someone and claim rule of this forum you may need to go somewhere else, but you can change if willing to do so. This should be a place to learn, have a good time, and enjoy each other in the horse hobby. That is some of the reason you don't see me post much. Just my .02