What type of cieling to use???????
cliffj59
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-07-25 7:26 AM (#108527)
Subject: What type of cieling to use???????

Regular

Well its time to install the cieling in my new conversion. I need some feedback on what type material to use. I like the soft touch material but it isnt wide enough to cover the whole thing without a seam. How do you hide the seams on the cieling?

The other option is the Hullliner material which is wide enough and there wont be a seam but I have never seen it up close. Looks kinda like carpet in the pictures Does anyone have experience in installing it and which is eaiser to install?

Anyone have any pictures of either type of cieling installed please post them or send them to millie@carolina.rr.com

On my conversion yesterday I got the holdind tank located, the shower toilet combo installed and all holes cut in the floor to connect all plumbing. Today have to install the shower surround and start building cabinets.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MSM
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2009-07-25 9:31 AM (#108533 - in reply to #108527)
Subject: RE: What type of cieling to use???????

Regular

If you like the soft touch then thats what you should go with.  Most LQ companies cover up there seems with all different types of molding.  Just go through ads of LQ trailers for sale and look at the different ways and styles of molding used to cover up the seems.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-07-25 12:56 PM (#108539 - in reply to #108527)

Expert

We installed a soft ceiling using an automotive headliner material. The backside had a thin layer of a foam type of material glued to its surface. I ripped and planed thin strips of Ash, which were then wrapped and covered with the same headliner material, after the foam was removed. This was glued on, and stapled on the backside to hold things in place until the glue dried.

Covering the cut edges of the ceiling panels, the finished strips were then stapled to the ceiling with a narrow head pneumatic stapler. The staples penetrated through the material and paneling into the preinstalled wood framing. The staple heads were in turn touched up with an artist's brush and acrylic modeling paints. The result was a finished appearance with no visible fasteners.

Gard

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2009-07-25 1:23 PM (#108541 - in reply to #108527)

Expert

Here's one done in the hulliner it's very easy to work with.

And here is one with the softwalls, I have used mirrors down the center for a seam, I have also used the copper looking backsplash, both turned out real nice.

Add a little bit of Rope lighting for the real "pimped out" trailer.

cliffj59
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-07-30 6:26 AM (#108753 - in reply to #108527)

Regular

Thanks for the feed back guys.

Bar the piccs helped me alot on

my cieling ideas and I have ordered some Hullliner material. I'm going to use a 20" wide knotty pine strip down the center from the ac up to the nose to cover the seam and to mount my 17" drop down lcd screen on.

On another note has anyone had any negitive dealings with Jazzsales? Right now I'm waiting on a answer from them and they are not answering my e-mails I do get read reciets showing they were displayed on their computer but no answer. If I dont get any response soon I'll let everyone here know what the problems are so they can look out for the same thing if they order from them. It's just been 2 weeks maybe they cant add very quick i'll give them a little longer.