Bison Trailers Starting on Fire
billmrmi
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2009-02-05 12:11 PM (#98851)
Subject: Bison Trailers Starting on Fire

We had yet another customer inform us that their Bison trailer had started on fire. This brings the total of fires we have heard of to 4 and counting the 2 we had catch on fire on our lot, brings the total of fires known to us to 6.There are two areas that these trailers are catching fire: 1. The electric jack & 2. The refrigerator/refrigerator wiring. I have written this so all Bison trailer owners can inspect these two areas for their own safety and the safety of their families and animals.Both of these problems can be averted with the proper engineering and quality. My understanding of the jack fires is that Bison does not use an inline fuse between the electric jack and battery. If the jack binds up because the set screw backs out, the motor will attempt to pull more current and the wiring will catch fire.On the refrigerator, I was told by one of our service managers that the wiring is also the culprit in the refrigerator fires. There was a recall on some refrigerators, but I have yet to hear of any other brands of trailers catching fire.If you are a Bison trailer owner, please inspect these two areas for your own safety. I have thought about posting this after the last customer report, but thought that it would just appear more as sour grapes than a factual post, but with the continued reports of these incidents, I felt that human and animal life should come first.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Toranoda
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2009-02-05 2:03 PM (#98857 - in reply to #98851)
Subject: RE: Bison Trailers Starting on Fire

Better to be safe than sorry! Thanks for the info. altho I'm a Sundowner owner I have thought about The Bison but will have second thoughts now.
clay7
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-02-05 3:28 PM (#98865 - in reply to #98851)

Did you contact your customers after receiving a service notice on the issue, like all dealers were requested?  They were in only a small number of trailers and had to do with an error in the parts supplier instructions I believe.  As far as a dometic recall, that was industry wide (RV's included) and has even been posted on this site. 
billmrmi
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2009-02-05 4:51 PM (#98871 - in reply to #98851)

We never received any notification from Bison, if that is what you are referring to.
clay7
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-02-05 5:13 PM (#98872 - in reply to #98851)

Appreciate your concern for customers if it is in fact genuine.  Just seems fishy coming from a former dealer that had posted nasty comments on their website only a shortwhile ago when the line was pulled from them.  The subject title of your post is also misleading and I would imagine geared towards trying to tarnish Bison's name as opposed to informing customers as I would hardly call a jack burning out "Bison Trailers Starting on Fire".         

hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-02-05 5:30 PM (#98874 - in reply to #98865)

Expert

Originally written by clay7 on 2009-02-05 12:28 PM

Did you contact your customers after receiving a service notice on the issue, like all dealers were requested?  They were in only a small number of trailers and had to do with an error in the parts supplier instructions I believe.  As far as a dometic recall, that was industry wide (RV's included) and has even been posted on this site. 

Sounds a bit testy... Your ox getting gored?

Warning are just warnings.  I don't think any less of Bison trailers.  If one has an unprotected electrical circuit a fusible link is cheap insurance.

N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2009-02-05 6:35 PM (#98881 - in reply to #98851)

Elite Veteran

Never ending story . . . those damn jacks and those damn fridges.

Hey Dixie Horse and Mule . . . since you're the largest Bison dealer in the U.S., how many have burned up on your lot?

Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2009-02-05 7:53 PM (#98884 - in reply to #98851)

We sell about 1/3 of the Bison LQs sold in the world each year, and have for the last few years.  Literally in the thousands.  I have never had one burn on my yard, and at times have had as many as 200 in inventory.  I do know of two that have burned due to the Dometic refrigerator problem that the entire industry has dealt with.  Certainly there may have been more, in that there have been more Bison LQs sold the last few years than any other brand.  These fires are not brand related.  I know of several other brand trailers that have suffered the same fate.  To say that they are is to hurt the manufacturer, their employees, the dealers, their employees, and the owners of the brand.  That is a lot of folks.  It is unjust, unfair, unprofessional, and uncalled for.  I would say the same regardless of brand.  I take the original poster at his word on what happened on his yard.  I take the "brand" warning as meaningless, even though presented behind a thin veil of concern for public safety.  I suggest the owner of any LQ with a Dometic refrigerator go to the Dometic website and determine if your refrigerator is covered by the recall.  You will quickly see that brand is irrelevant.  Thanks,  DON SMITH, OWNER, DIXIE HORSE & MULE CO.  
levie
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-02-05 7:53 PM (#98885 - in reply to #98851)

WOW!!! Juicy, this is better than soaps!!!! all Kidding aside I work at one of the largest RV manufacture in the world I have worked their for 18 years as a purchase agent. I have gotten recalls on everything from reffers to the toilet papper rolls, and yet I have purchased over 400 reffers a weak and have NEVER had a Dometic reffer catch on fire. Times that by 18 years (now thats alot of reffers!!!!) I know this that their is not one manufacture that has not had to deal with recalls (from Ford to Firestone). Now throwing the word recall out their with a trailer manufactures name is, "well not good". You first have to find out all the facts on a recall befor you scare people. THE RECALL WAS ON THE REFFER NOT ON BISON. and I garentee that just about every trailer (RV or horse,) use dometic. So dont go running out to your trailers and start ripping out your reffers untill you find out the facts, RVIA would have a list on recalled Items. AND You can always CALL THE MANUFACTURE they will help you with any questions you have.
N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2009-02-05 10:04 PM (#98894 - in reply to #98851)

Elite Veteran

These fires are not brand related

I rest my case.

jim bob
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2009-02-06 9:17 AM (#98921 - in reply to #98851)

Extreme Veteran

It  looks like "Millenium Bill" should be a PR man for former Illinois Governor Rod "Blago".  You got a way with words Bill !!
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2009-02-06 10:57 AM (#98928 - in reply to #98851)

Expert

I have a 2001 LQ trailer, has a Domectic 6. frig.  went and got the model and serial, looked up on the Dometic site, and it was a recall.  Called the 800 #, they promptly gave me a customer service #.  I call a RV dealer, they made me an appointment.  Took the trailer down there, they effected the repair in 30  minutes for free, I signed a card for them to send to Dometic, and no problem.  Mind you, the frig was 7 years old at the time, no fire or issues, but we took care of it for the extra peace of mind.  None of this has anything to do with the trailer manufacturer, or the conversion company.  It had to do with the manufacturer of the appliance, and would be the same for an axle manufacturer, or a jack manufacturer ,etc.  If one is really concerned about life and limb, list those specific manufacturers, not something so generic as a trailer brand.......JMHO.
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-02-06 11:45 AM (#98931 - in reply to #98851)

Expert

(quote)  Millennium Trailers is no longer a Bison trailer dealer. Bison provided a generic cancellation letter not giving us any cause for the cancellation. We assume that cancellation was due to our intollerance of quality issues. Rarely would we receive a trailer that did not need warranty work or was returned to the factory.  If you are considering purchasing a Bison trailer, please contact us first. Millennium will be happy to offer you a better quality trailer in an American Spirit.

If you have purchased a Bison Trailer from Millennium, please contact Bison directly for warranty repair as they no longer authorize us to perform the repairs. Bison can be reached at (574) 658-4161

http://www.milltrailers.com/horse/bison.asp

http://www.usrecallnews.com/2008/08/nhtsa-1777.html

Haven't seen anything on the electric jack wiring heating up and catching fire.

Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2009-02-06 3:05 PM (#98943 - in reply to #98851)

Veteran

We never owned or wil never own Bison.Have friends FAULTY problems.Gas lines never holded up all way,lights only working half time,batteries run dead in hour could go on forever.Everyonr in olf saddle club in IL knows couple an knows problem and Dealership there that shout them up with 2 honda generators and orther small perks to keep trailer.So be aware trailers-ones with lqs are trouble/risky.Couple that own trailer sadly had family healty issues and trailer isnt used-waste money.Sorry but not all trailers or dealerships are truthful and honest ot stand up places to deal with.Never bought/buy trailer from IL dealership.JMHO.
BlazingCreekBar
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2009-02-06 8:42 PM (#98961 - in reply to #98851)

Extreme Veteran

I am so glad I found this post too! 

I had no Idea my trailer "Could" burn to the ground. 

Appointment made at the local RV service center.  The guy was great.

PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2009-02-07 7:11 AM (#98971 - in reply to #98851)

Expert

http://www.rvappraisals.com/fire-investigations.htm
billmrmi
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2009-02-10 1:46 PM (#99168 - in reply to #98851)

I guess it was to be expected that the people who have financial gain would attack me and my post and people who needed the information would be grateful.To correct clay7, the jack did not burn out, the wiring burst in to flames. It was because there was no inline fuse to stop the current draw.I would like to call Mr. Smith on the "un-s" and raise him an unethical. When I was in a business school ethics class, we studied a case of fire resistant pajamas that were not fire resistant and how the manufacturer of those hid the truth. It was taught to us that it is unethical to place profits above human life and safety. Attempting to discredit me and my post for financial gain at the potential risk of endangering humans and animals is, Mr. Smith, unethical. The "hurt" that you mention is financial and this should not be placed above human life. You sir have exposed your priority of financial gain over human safety under no veil what so ever. I hope for your sake the market does not judge you for this, as I am sure it would lead to lost sales.We have not been a Bison dealer a little over 1.5 years and I have not posted anything on this forum until now. If I was so intent on creating problems for Bison for our own gain, why wait? Simple answer is I am trying to protect people.
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2009-02-10 5:51 PM (#99193 - in reply to #98851)

Expert

I re-read the Post from Don Smith and I must say his response was not an attack on you or anyone else. He was giving the same information you did ( that there were problems) BUT in regard to other trailer brands with the particualr refridgerator installed. To suggest his comments displayed a lack of concern for human life is absurd. Your post clearly stated it was a problem with only Bison trailers but in fact, its not. You did your part to help make aware people with LQ Bisons but Don went the extra mile warning anyone with a LQ trailer and the refridgerator in question there might be a problem.

Cooler heads gentlemen..please.

N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2009-02-10 10:05 PM (#99209 - in reply to #98851)

Elite Veteran

From your first post  "This brings the total of fires we have heard of to 4 and counting the 2 we had catch on fire on our lot, brings the total of fires known to us to 6."  From your second post  "We have not been a Bison dealer  a little over 1.5 years and I have not posted anything on this forum until now."

So you wait over 1.5 years to bring this to anyones attention??  What you're saying is the 2 that burned up on your lot was a year and a half ago.  Don't you think this would/should be the kind of information that should have been reported before now??

Yeah, I'm sure you're real concerned about safety

billmrmi
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2009-02-11 11:53 AM (#99260 - in reply to #98851)

So I am chastised for posting, then I am chastised for not posting soon enough. Interesting logic....
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-02-11 12:21 PM (#99263 - in reply to #98884)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by Dixie Horse & Mule on 2009-02-05 7:53 PM

We sell about 1/3 of the Bison LQs sold in the world each year, and have for the last few years.  Literally in the thousands.  I have never had one burn on my yard, and at times have had as many as 200 in inventory.  I do know of two that have burned due to the Dometic refrigerator problem that the entire industry has dealt with.  Certainly there may have been more, in that there have been more Bison LQs sold the last few years than any other brand.  These fires are not brand related.  I know of several other brand trailers that have suffered the same fate.  To say that they are is to hurt the manufacturer, their employees, the dealers, their employees, and the owners of the brand.  That is a lot of folks.  It is unjust, unfair, unprofessional, and uncalled for.  I would say the same regardless of brand.  I take the original poster at his word on what happened on his yard.  I take the "brand" warning as meaningless, even though presented behind a thin veil of concern for public safety.  I suggest the owner of any LQ with a Dometic refrigerator go to the Dometic website and determine if your refrigerator is covered by the recall.  You will quickly see that brand is irrelevant.  Thanks,  DON SMITH, OWNER, DIXIE HORSE & MULE CO.  

From the Dometic (refrigerator) website:

Dometic recently expanded its recall on a population of two-door refrigerators. The original recall included some two-door refrigerators manufactured between April 1997 and May 2003. The recent expansion of this recall now includes the same two-door refrigerators, manufactured between June 2003 and September 2006.

See quote below:

"Dometic RV Refrigerator Fires may occur in RVs with certain Dometic refrigerators manufactured between June 1, 2003 and September 30, 2006. Many of these recalled refrigerators were installed in travel trailers, motorhomes, RVs, 5th wheel trailers, luxury recreational vehicles, fifth wheelers, horse trailers and other conversion vehicles manufactured between June 1, 2003 and April 30, 2007. "

source: fda-recalls.us

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2009-02-11 12:32 PM (#99264 - in reply to #98851)

Expert

I can tell you that this may not be the best place to try and bash Don from DHMCO, he has on more than one occasion stepped up and taken care of trailer problems that were not his to take care of. He has sent his techs many miles to correct problems in trailers that he didn't sell. I think most of the LQ owners on this site have been made aware of the Refer recalls, and they are not limited to one trailer manufacturer. So if you have some sour grapes over you past with Bison, take it up with Bison. If I were in the market for a Bison, I would travel many miles to make that purchase at DHMCO.
Whisper
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-02-11 1:46 PM (#99273 - in reply to #98851)

It appears that the only one trying to gain anything from this thread, be it financial or otherwise would be billmrmi and Millennium Trailers. Now that is interesting logic! I agree 100% with Hwbar about not bashing Don or DHMCO. They have been nothing short of outstanding in taking care of their customers as well as others. I guess we'll see a thread started by billmrmi about American Spirit since they cancelled Millennium as a dealer this summer.

Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2009-02-11 4:20 PM (#99285 - in reply to #98851)

Folks, I am very much humbled by your kind words re myself and my company.  I am indeed most fortunate to have great folks working with me to help earn these accolades by putting customers first.  Thank you all.  DON SMITH, OWNER, DHMCO
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2009-02-11 10:07 PM (#99308 - in reply to #99285)

Expert

Originally written by Dixie Horse & Mule on 2009-02-11 5:20 PM

Folks, I am very much humbled by your kind words re myself and my company.  I am indeed most fortunate to have great folks working with me to help earn these accolades by putting customers first.  Thank you all.  DON SMITH, OWNER, DHMCO

Photograph of DON on the way to help fix another trailer problem...

gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-02-12 12:37 PM (#99369 - in reply to #98851)

Expert

The original post mentioned 2 types of fires.  One from wiring in the electric jack (needs an inline fuse to fix) and the other in regard to refrigs.

Okay. It's clear there is a recall on the fridges, it's been in many, many magazines.

But no one has responded about the jack wiring. hmmmm??? 

I'm impartial. I have a Titan. No electrical except for brakes and lights.

DD_TrailerMan
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-02-12 12:50 PM (#99371 - in reply to #99369)

Veteran

All electric jacks should have a breaker, ours come with the breaker already installed.  Also, there should be a breaker (we use 80 amp) coming off the 12V.
mseyle
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2009-02-12 1:57 PM (#99383 - in reply to #98851)

I own a 2006 Bison and did have the recall on the frige and it was repaired by a RV dealer.  I also have an electric jack and it does have a breaker between the battery and the jack motor it came that way from the factory.                                                                             
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-02-12 3:21 PM (#99387 - in reply to #98851)

Expert

I don't have a Bison trailer. But I do have a trailer that has a AM series "Equalizer System" hydraulic jack.... I traced the #4 gauge wire from the solenoid all the way back to the battery, there's no fuse or breaker. So if the solenoid or the wire between it and the battery goes to ground, then we to, will have a fire. According to the jack mfg., a fuse is not required, they leave it up to the trailer mfg.'s discretion...... This is what I found in the "Equalizer System" installation instructions.

Battery Connections for MTE Style Pump with Manual Override

Battery Lead (+12volts): Attach a #4 gauge wire between the positive 12-volt terminal on the battery and the

large post on the solenoid opposite the black motor wire on the solenoid. Do not fuse this lead.

Pump Ground (-12volts): Attach a #4 gauge wire between the negative 12-volt terminal on the battery and the

ground stud located directly in front of the motor.

http://equalizersystems.com/documents/Single_Leg_AM_CM_20,_24_and_30.pdf

Edited by retento 2009-02-12 3:28 PM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2009-02-12 9:06 PM (#99399 - in reply to #99308)

Expert

Paul C,that's pretty close!
gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-02-13 4:52 PM (#99432 - in reply to #98851)

Expert

Thanks Retento for doing some investigating.

So... did you fix your's? (will you?)

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-02-13 5:13 PM (#99433 - in reply to #99432)

Expert

Originally written by gabz on 2009-02-13 5:52 PM

Thanks Retento for doing some investigating.

So... did you fix your's? (will you?)

Pump motor calls for 65 amps. I'm going to install a 80 amp fuse at the battery.... It is disconnected at the battery at this time, until I round up a couple of 80 amp fuses and a fuse holder.

luv2tallyho
Reg. Apr 2008
Posted 2009-02-17 8:27 AM (#99610 - in reply to #99369)

New User

OMG!!!!  I have a Bison....why is it going to catch on fire...I logged on today to put up a post asking the question  "why does my trailer have a burning smell"  Everytime I take it somewhere and my battery disonnect is pulled out, in the on position, it smells like something is "hot" inside the LQ  if I push it in and turn it off the smell goes away.  It only gets that way when I'm hauling.  When the trailer is home and is plugged up it's fine. 

I had no idea about the recall on the fridge....ya'll need to fill me in!!!!  Show season is starting and my daughter and I will be on the road a lot.  I don't want my trailer to burn up!!!  Help!

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-02-17 8:59 AM (#99614 - in reply to #98851)

Expert

Here's some info on the Dometic Recall Information...

http://www.usrecallnews.com/2008/08/nhtsa-1777.html

http://www2.dometicusa.com/recall.php

http://rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/18592913.cfm

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/18592867.cfm

Edited by retento 2009-02-17 9:02 AM
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2009-02-17 9:29 AM (#99617 - in reply to #98851)

tally ho.......maybe you should also contact the dealer that sold you the trailer and let them know about the burning smell.

BlazingCreekBar
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2009-02-17 9:59 AM (#99621 - in reply to #98851)

Extreme Veteran

Just had my fridge corrected yesterday. The RV dealer did a great job! Took almost 1.5 hours. There was a stud in the way so they pulled my fridge. Everything worked out fine.

Glad I read this one. We leave our Pup behind in the rig and the rig is connected to our truck. That would be a bad day!
billmrmi
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2009-02-21 6:23 PM (#99842 - in reply to #98851)

Just a few thoughts on the last few posts:We have not heard multiple people tell us other brands are having problems catching on fire, it is only Bison, that is why I posted what I did. If people were calling up telling us "BRAND X" was catching in fire in numbers, I would report that for safety reasons.The American Spirit trailers with RC conversions are fairly good trailers. We had very little problems with those trailers. I know that at the end of our relationship American Spirit was starting to build their own LQs, and we have no experience with them. I spoke with the owner a few weeks back and he said if we wanted to start working with them again, they would be happy to have us back. The employee at American Spirit who canceled us as a dealer is no longer with American Spirit. Seeing as we do not stock or sell a competitive brand to Bison, I am not sure what financial gain people are thinking I am getting from this post. If anyone would like to let me know what that gain is, I would be happy to address it.To retento, I suggest you use the rated fuse per the manufacturer's specification. Using a higher rated amp fuse somewhat defeats the purpose of using the fuse at all.
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-02-21 7:26 PM (#99847 - in reply to #99842)

Expert

Originally written by billmrmi on 2009-02-21 7:23 PM

Just a few thoughts on the last few posts:We have not heard multiple people tell us other brands are having problems catching on fire, it is only Bison, that is why I posted what I did. If people were calling up telling us "BRAND X" was catching in fire in numbers, I would report that for safety reasons.The American Spirit trailers with RC conversions are fairly good trailers. We had very little problems with those trailers. I know that at the end of our relationship American Spirit was starting to build their own LQs, and we have no experience with them. I spoke with the owner a few weeks back and he said if we wanted to start working with them again, they would be happy to have us back. The employee at American Spirit who canceled us as a dealer is no longer with American Spirit. Seeing as we do not stock or sell a competitive brand to Bison, I am not sure what financial gain people are thinking I am getting from this post. If anyone would like to let me know what that gain is, I would be happy to address it.To retento, I suggest you use the rated fuse per the manufacturer's specification. Using a higher rated amp fuse somewhat defeats the purpose of using the fuse at all.

Mr. Bill, At the moment... It has no fuse, Equalizer don't even suggest that a fuse be used. They say "Do not fuse this lead". It takes 65 amps to run the pump.... Got to have a little margin or else it will blow a fuse everytime you jack the trailer up. That's the reason I'm using the 80 amp fuse, rather than a 65 amp, or as Equalizer suggest.... No fuse.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-02-21 9:15 PM (#99853 - in reply to #98851)

Expert

Retento,

What about a slow blow fuse or breaker similar to ones used on air conditioners and other motors with a high initial starting draw? You would then be protecting your running circuit, with the proper amperage needed for a continuous operation.

Gard

billmrmi
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2009-02-21 11:04 PM (#99856 - in reply to #98851)

Sorry, I thought you were using a 80 amp where it said to use a 65.
Whisper
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-02-22 6:28 AM (#99860 - in reply to #98851)

"The employee at American Spirit who canceled us as a dealer is no longer with American Spirit". At least you have confirmed the rumor. And an employee is the "tool" of the company. Bottom line, no matter who called or sent a letter, American Spirit Manufacturing dropped you as a dealer.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2009-02-22 6:39 AM (#99861 - in reply to #98851)

Expert

There are only a few reasons that a manufacturer would drop a dealer, one would be you aren't selling enough of their product, another would be that you could have a public image problem. Getting on a public horse trailer forum and bashing any brand of trailer would cause the second. I sell equipment for a living, I have always had great sucess in selling the features and benefits of my product, not trying to berate the competitors. So as you continue to spout off in a public forum about the very products that you sell. I would just say that the thousands of people that visit this site a day, good chance that some of those are manufacturers or their reps. JMHO

Edited by HWBar 2009-02-22 6:40 AM
whinneyman
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2009-02-22 10:51 AM (#99883 - in reply to #98851)

The #4 wire will handle up to 200 amps at 20 feet or less total lengthof circuit,supply and return. The usual rule of thumb for fuse sizing is 150% to 200% of current draw of the device. The wire size and 80 amp fuse for the jack are on the very safe side in my opinion.

Whinneyman

billmrmi
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2009-02-23 2:33 PM (#100004 - in reply to #98851)

HWBar,

When it comes to people's safety, I will continue to "spout" off. If it tarnishes my image, then so be it. It appears that several people have read this post and have benefited from it. I am sure many others that did not post back also received some benefit.
billmrmi
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2009-02-26 2:19 PM (#100227 - in reply to #98851)

Spoke with the owner of American Spirit this week. They provided us with quotes for a trailer, so I guess the action of the "tool" has been overridden.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2009-02-26 2:42 PM (#100231 - in reply to #100227)

Expert

Originally written by billmrmi on 2009-02-26 2:19 PM

Spoke with the owner of American Spirit this week. They provided us with quotes for a trailer, so I guess the action of the "tool" has been overridden.

I get a feeling if I called him, I could get a trailer quoted also. They have been selling them direct on E-bay you know?

So I'm not sure that this would be a feather in your dealer hat if you know what I mean.

Elly
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-02-27 1:19 PM (#100307 - in reply to #98851)

New User

Hwbar hit it on the nose. I think they would sell or quote a trailer to any dealer or directly to any individual that has the cash to buy it. So being proud to once again (supposedly) represent a manufacturer that chooses to do business that way, would not be something that I would be bragging about.