Sink Questions
racknabout
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-07 7:20 AM (#95859)
Subject: Sink Questions

New User

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2001 Sierra Trails West and it has a sink in the small LQ area. Under the cabinet there is an open pvc pipe for the dirty water to come out and there is a hose underneath connected to a cowboy shower. My question is, How do I hook this system up to the clean water and what type of tank will I have to buy?

Thanks for any help

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2008-12-07 10:28 AM (#95863 - in reply to #95859)
Subject: RE: Sink Questions

Expert

So this has a do it yourself LQ in it that the previous owner built? 

If I'm understanding your description. There is no pressurized water to the sink.   You get water to wash your hands like the old westerns, by dumping water out of a Vase or a container of water.  And when you let water out it dumps into the shower pan which in turn dumps onto the ground or into a holding tank.

Find out what you do have.

Do you have a storage tank and pump to provide water to the shower or any other fixtures in the trailer?

If you do, then it's just a mater of tapping into those lines and running them to the sink.

IF there is no pressurized water to the shower either.  Then you will probably need to start from scratch.  Buy a tank rated to hold potable water.  Many sizes and shapes are available.  Choose one that fits the space you have.  Plumb from that tank to a pump that will pressurize the system.  Divide into two plumbing systems.  Add a hot water heater one and leave the other as cold.  Run the two systems to the faucet at the sink and any other fixutre you want.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page