Trim around Fenders, and pad ON fenders
racesarabhorses
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2008-11-18 7:03 AM (#95040)
Subject: Trim around Fenders, and pad ON fenders

Veteran

On my trailer, there is some channeled rubber with metal inside that fits around the bottom edge of the fenders. This stuff was evidently put on during a hot day, as it contracts in cold weather and comes off. Does anyone know what this stuff is called, and where I can get more? I ripped the original pieces off of each fender, and want to put new on.Secondly, there used to be a black textured pad on top of the flat section of the fenders (above the wheels), where one could put a tack box, etc. while grooming the horse. The glue for this material started to give up the ghost awhile back, and I finally got a chance to rip the rest of these pads off and remove all the glue last weekend. Would like to replace with SOMETHING, just don't know what. Probably NOT another glue-on pad that will dry out and start stripping off as the original pad did. Does anyone know where I can get either better quality pads or perhaps diamondplate aluminum pieces that could be riveted into place?Thanks again,Mike
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-11-18 7:14 AM (#95043 - in reply to #95040)
Subject: RE: Trim around Fenders, and pad ON fenders

Expert

Here's the "black gravel guard" stuff.... http://www.horsetraileraccessorystore.com/gravel_guard.htm

You can use automotive door edge guard for the fender trim... Comes in a 50' roll... http://www.trim-gard.com/dooredgemoldings.php3

More trim stuff... http://www.horsetraileraccessorystore.com/seals_trims.htm

Edited by retento 2008-11-18 7:19 AM
jim bob
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-11-18 9:42 AM (#95054 - in reply to #95040)

Extreme Veteran

Call our service department at 800 659-4051 and ask for Craig.  Tell him you need "X" number feet of "trim lock" for around your fender wells.  Diamond plate will make you much happier than the material that was on top your fender.  The sunlite shrinks this stuff and makes it pull lose after a period of time.  We usually replace this stuff in our shops with spray on material (bedliner material); although diamond plate will be the longest lasting thing you can do for the tops of your fenders.
luckeys71
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2008-11-18 1:44 PM (#95078 - in reply to #95040)

Regular

I bought some pieces of diamond plate for repairs on my trailer, on eBay, from a person called CUTZMETAL (I think that's right).  He cut them to the exact size I needed and shipped them amazingly cheaply.  I just used a pop rivet tool and pop riveted them on.  One of the many new skills acquired since buying a used horse trailer, along with floor replacement!  It was easy, fairly cheap, and looks SO much better.