conferting dressing room into LQ
Horsemen
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2008-10-28 7:51 AM (#93773)
Subject: conferting dressing room into LQ

Veteran

We have a Horton 2000 with a nice size dressing room and we are converting it in to small lq, we want to put up paneling, do you take the inside panels down and then put your paneling up or leave panels up and put paneling over and can u liquid nail them, and any ideas on instilling paneling water tanks cabinet ect. info needed, and if any pictures on something you have done would give us ideas and help also. and also if you have added a generator where you have located it.

Thank you

Jim

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-10-28 9:37 AM (#93785 - in reply to #93773)
Subject: RE: conferting dressing room into LQ

Expert

Removing the panels will depend on how you want to prepare your LQ. If you want to install and hide wiring chases, removing the panels will be necessary. If there is no present insulation installed, it would be an additional reason to pull the panels.

If you don't have to pull the factory panels, they afford an excellent base for additional interiors, and greatly reduces the amount of time necessary for the conversion. Quick set polyurethane construction adhesive glues just about anything to anything and works well.

Mandi
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-11-23 3:49 PM (#95257 - in reply to #93773)

Charter Member

I would remove the old panels just to see what is under them. Make sure you don't have any leaks. Insulate if it hasn't already been done then go from there.

I'd go with the method mentioned around here most by using furring strips attached to the main beams of the trailer, then attach your paneling to those. When I first considered doing my own interior, I considered skipping that step so I'd save a little cash - but having to depend on the exact location of the trailer's main beams in reference to where I wanted to mount things that needed to be secured (cabinets, countertops, various other items) the furring strips gave me more leeway in where and how I chose to secure those items. They are really cheap and really easy to install as well.

Although I didn't keep as detailed of a photo-journal as I wanted to, here's what I've done so far...

[IMG]http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj166/MandiBurden/Trailer%20Pictures/th_11-14-0811.jpg[/IMG]

Horsemen
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2008-11-23 5:34 PM (#95269 - in reply to #93773)

Veteran

Hi Mandi, Your trailer is looking great, it gives me some ideas.  I was wondering what you used on the ceiling is it corgated still, and also was wondering if you have found a tankless water heater online yet.  They are a little expensive but worth it space wise.  We have one in our house and it really works great, saves a lot of room, love it.

What is it tung and grove or just paneling on the walls.

Thanks

Jim

Mandi
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-11-23 6:36 PM (#95273 - in reply to #93773)

Charter Member

Yep - corrugated metal on the ceiling.

Haven't found a tankless yet, but I've found a few that I want to research further. Just kinda looking around for now.

My walls are tongue and groove...I liked the appearance better than most of the paneling I found.