TwinCities Featherlites Good Service
CurlyRidingcowboy
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-10-03 11:32 AM (#92518)
Subject: TwinCities Featherlites Good Service

I just purchased my first trailer that wasnt a bumper pull steel stock type and got a used GN Featherlite 8546 4 horse with a few extra options already on it from TwinCities Featherlite in Elko MN about an 1 1/2 from my house.

The sales person Jim Walker was great to work with, the service department cleaned up my trailer and went thru it, Gary's staff there was great to work with.

I have had a few minor problems with the trailer since I bought it in August but they have taken care of everyone by the dealer correctly and in timely manner.

I will be saving my pennies to move up to a living quarters in the next few years and I will be back at TwinCities Featherlite. My wife is even happy a hard one to please, we have had the family out on many Trail Rides and camping in the state parks here in MN.

Shawn

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rkranchgirl
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2008-10-07 9:31 AM (#92707 - in reply to #92518)
Subject: RE: TwinCities Featherlites Good Service

Regular

I purchased two "new to me" trailers from them and they were very easy to work with.  Their trade-in values were very fair and the two minor issues we had (brake controller and spare tire cover) were promptly addressed even though they didn't have anything to do with the trailers themselves.

Glad you had a good experience too!

carmel00
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-10-07 7:35 PM (#92725 - in reply to #92518)

Wow, I guess its good to hear someone happy about their service.  Maybe they are starting to get the hint.  I bought a living quarter trailer from them.  Although the salesman was very good (he wasn't there the day I picked it up) the rest of the place treated me poorly.  The trailer wasn't clean, the refrigerator didn't work and no one wanted to answer my questions.  I repeatedly talked to them about the fridge and brought it back for them to look at.  They glanced at it and told me to take it home and leave it on all day.  That didn't seem like a smart thing to do (so I didn't), anyway it turns out it had a faulty fridge and it started on fire and was totalled.  Luckily my 5 year old and I (nor the horses) were in it.  The problem, according to the state fire marshall, could have been avoided if they would have actually opened up the panels and looked at it.  Thank goodness insurance covered the majority of the trailer, but not my belongings and tack.  It cost me about $2500 to use it for 1 weekend.  Needless to say I probably won't buy another trailer from them.  I don't like trashing a business but after I told them what happened they didn't say anything.  At least they could have done was said they were sorry?  Oh, but they did call me to ask me if I had found the set of keys to my old trailer. 

I'm glad you were happy because buying a new/used trailer should be a fun and easy experience.  Good Luck!

traillgirl
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2008-10-10 8:32 PM (#92890 - in reply to #92518)

New User

We recently traded in our featherlite trailer to Twin Cities Feather Lite which we bought 1 year prior for a larger trailer.  The staff/sales people, all of them not only Jim Walker who we were dealing with were so friendly and helpful.  We got a fair trade in price for the featherlite and a great price on the new Merhow. Which I am finding to be better put together and more user friendly than the Feather lite.  Which I would never have guessed we would get a trailer nicer than our featherlie was. 

I would and have given many of my personal friends the names and number of Twin Cities FeatherLite to look there first for their new trailers.  All the staff are wonderful and ansewer all my questions and I am not mechanically inclined.

We did look at other dealers and the price for our new trailer was 2 to 4 thousand less there than other dealers.  Nothing but good to say

liv to ride
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-10-14 10:45 AM (#93031 - in reply to #92890)

Veteran

Hello, can you please tell me what you like better about your new Merhow over the featherlite? I am looking for a new trailer and had pretty much settled on a featherlite until I read your post and went to the Merhow website. I was not at all familiar with the Merhow brand but I liked what I read on their website. So getting input from someone who has one would be great. Thanks ! Happy Trails