Acid wash for ally trailer
Barfly
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-09-01 1:31 AM (#90774)
Subject: Acid wash for ally trailer

Veteran

Hello all

Can anyone shead some light on exactly what is used in the acid wash that you guys use to clean/rejuvinate your alluminum trailers. I have imported a Cherokee to South Africa and we do not have anything like acid washes here. Not that my trailer needs it yet, but I would like to get some or make some for when I do need it...

What I need is :

1 - What acid to use  2- what concentration  3 - how is it applied

Thanks in advance

Cheers for now

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-09-01 10:41 AM (#90782 - in reply to #90774)
Subject: RE: Acid wash for ally trailer

Expert

Man I bet that gets asked about weekly on here.

There are several threads about this if you want to do a search in depth before you decide.

I personally favor "Streakmaster" aluminum wash products.They are excellent,cost effective and easy to use.go to www.streakmaster.com and check them out.

No,I don't work for Streakmaster or get paid for promos on it.I just use it after trying numerous other products,so,I believe  in it.

Barfly
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-09-01 11:14 AM (#90784 - in reply to #90774)

Veteran

Hey I know it is an old question, but I am actually asking for what chemical is used in the cleaner....

It works our very expensive importing chemicals... so was hoping someone could tell me what acid is used and in what concentration....

Then mayby I can make my own here - that is with what we have...

Thanks for the link anyway - I asked them to see what it would cost to ship one of each to me... will wait and see what it ends up costing.

Cheers for now

Nick

sweetsavorslilly
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2008-09-03 6:59 PM (#90918 - in reply to #90774)

New User

Well to add to this post.. What can be used to clean the black skin on a featherlite trailer?