'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
DIYers: How much did it cost you?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-05-29 11:49 PM
35 replies, 13446 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2009-04-30 3:44 PM (#104222 - in reply to #83752)
Subject: RE: DIYers: How much did it cost you?

Veteran

No Email, No Power Point.

Turfa

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
klaas
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-11 10:06 PM (#115144 - in reply to #83833)

We are also in the process of customizing our own dressing room. We have a 4' short wall with an 8' long wall. My handy husband is putting in a walk through door. We have the trailer insulated with furring strips running horizontally on 21" centers. I found a jacknife couch on craigslist and want to put in a fold down bunk for the youngest member of our four person family. We won't have much room for cabinets - but storage is a definite concern. No sink & no fridge. We are wondering about wiring and looking for suggestions. Would love to see your powerpoint on your trailer conversion. Thanksklaas@hersheytel.net
cliffj59
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2010-01-12 8:07 AM (#115150 - in reply to #115144)

Regular

I have about $2500 in materials and 200 hours working time in mine. Heres a link to some pictures of my conversion.

http://pets.webshots.com/album/573068102VpSZxX

I even built a storage box for the outside of the trailer which helps out alot.

Cliff

CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2010-01-12 9:48 AM (#115156 - in reply to #83752)
Subject: RE: DIYers: Need an awning ?

Extreme Veteran

Hope it is appropriate to mention here I have a 14 ft awning cloth for an A & E 8500 that I would make someone a great deal on. Its brand new in the box and cant be returned. Color is black and white, I think they call it pewter though. If someone needs an awning and wants to save money they can buy the hardware, which is the cheap part, and this cloth and have it installed. We bought it for the trailer that was wrecked. Trailer was totalled so I am stuck with an awning cloth I cant use. It came in after the wreck. It was right at $300 and I will take $150 plus exact shipping.

AQHA 123
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2010-01-13 3:33 PM (#115234 - in reply to #83752)

Veteran

I put a weekender in mine, I did everything to the highest standard. I'd guess it cost between 4 and 5 thousand to finish it. I was surprised how much it ended up costing me-- truth is it would have been cheaper having it done by a company. I don't think they could have done as good a job as I did though, most of the "professional" jobs I've seen look to have pretty average workmanship. I took my time and did everything first rate. I debated whether or not to put one in, as it turns out I am VERY happy I did, I use it and love it.
jakefreese
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2010-01-13 8:34 PM (#115255 - in reply to #83752)

Regular

I figure I will have close to $5000.  5' shortwall, shower, toilet, sink, water heater, furnace, yamaha or honda inverter generator, (Already have ac) awning, inverter, it adds up very fast.  And I want it done right.  I figure i will have 200 hrs into it also.  Im building cabinets under the GN to hold the furnace, water heater, converter, inverter, shore cord.....the brake work at the machine shop is adding up...And I think its getting a hydraulic jack too.
klaas
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-14 9:16 AM (#115265 - in reply to #83802)

I would love to see pics of what you have done with the bunks in your DR/LQ. I have the same size DR and am just getting started on the layout. Thanks!klaas@hersheytel.net
ImaSparkyAce
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-30 5:03 PM (#115929 - in reply to #83833)

Originally written by Turfa on 2008-05-13 9:12 AM

I spent about $2500 on the weekend package in my 4' short wall.  I have water under pressure and a microwave.  I have no frig or water heater.  A lot of what I did was because I already had the power tools.  If you PM your email I will send the power point presentation that I put together.

Turfa

Could you email me your powerpoint please? Tried to PM you but am unsure how to do that. Thanks! loganquarterhorses@hotmail.com
ukrhyslop
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-02-03 9:11 PM (#116121 - in reply to #83752)

My question is where did you buy, and how much was the shower unit?
ukrhyslop
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-02-03 9:12 PM (#116122 - in reply to #83752)

oh and how did you gehe matress back up in te bunk after all the wallswere put in?
RedParrotRodeo
Reg. May 2012
Posted 2012-05-29 11:49 PM (#144324 - in reply to #116122)

Some years ago we bought a 95 Titan 3h Slant with 4.5' short wall (no walk through) that had AC and wiring. It previously had lq but the owners tore it out and traded it in bare wall except the bed area still had insulation and paneling. We put furring strips and insulation in the remaining area, put antique brass/tin panels on the short wall, tooled leather-look wallpaper on the remaining walls and built in a counter top with sink (hand pump faucet and 12gal water tank), short naugehyde love seat with fringe trim along the bottom(too short for sofa), valances made with the naugehyde and fringe, storage steps up to the bed and LOTS of cabinets in the lq area and bed area. We had purchased a Coleman porta potty and ZODI portable hot water shower that we used in the first stall after the horses were out, installed a small microwave, coffee maker and away you go. The interior was tricked out with all kinds of coordinating cowgirl stuff like framed vintage Annie Oakley photos and antique signs. Worked pretty well and actually took us only about 3 weeks to finish most of it and after work hours and around $1500 or less. A very presentable weekender which was actually nice to look at and not all boxy/wooden looking like some of them. We outgrew it though because we were horse camping so much more and spending longer amounts of time in it, where a bigger lq was needed. This one goes on Craigslist and out on the berm to be sold. I have no doubt it will go soon since we live where there are no trailer sales for a minimum of a 3 hour drive.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)