'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
snow roof elastomeric roof coating

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-08-21 6:56 PM
4 replies, 8586 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-22 9:17 AM (#24167)
Subject: snow roof elastomeric roof coating

Veteran

Has anyone used Snow Roof on a trailer roof?  Like it?

I am also thinking of using their elastomeric sealant + their seam tape over the seams to seal those suckers up once and for all.  Anyone tried it? 

My trailer roof has old black mobile home coating on part of it, I climbed up there and started prepping it with the sander.  Also used the sander with a coarse grit pad to knock the rust loose and was very pleasantly suprised at how nicely it went.  I had dreaded starting the work - the roof looked so big.  But it's going so well... Yay! 

If I can finish sanding, grinding the seams clean, removing the trim, and get it degreased it will be ready to tape up and roll the coating on as early as TOMORROW (weather permitting)!  Yeah, Baby!!

Happy Trails,

Michelle

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-23 7:49 PM (#24234 - in reply to #24167)
Subject: RE: snow roof elastomeric roof coating

Veteran

Pictures!!!!  http://www.redwrench.com/trailswest/roof/roof.htm 

Ok, quick update.  I removed all caulking as snowroof will not go over silicone, sanded down the black coating, sanded off the loose rust, cleaned, hit it with a rust converter (Picklex-20).  Then put down one coat of Elasto-Seal (rubber roof primer).  It didn't stick terribly well when it was wet.  The second coat went on much better, and as it was applied I put their Seam Tape over the seams, and coated the nylon tape with a topcoat of Elasto-Seal.  I just did the portion of roof over the LQ.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow, that will be a good test.  It looks well sealed.  We'll see about that. 

The Snow-Coat (UV resistant top coat) will go on next, it needs 3 top coats for the maximum protection.

Also I got the interior floor sanded and primed (enamel primer), my sweetie cut the linoleum to size.  It is ready to install when the primer is dry.

Happy Trails,

Michelle

Edited by NoSpam 2005-04-23 8:08 PM
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2005-04-24 10:55 AM (#24243 - in reply to #24167)

Expert

Looks good.  What is snow roof?  I've never heard of it.

NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-24 12:06 PM (#24245 - in reply to #24243)

Veteran

Snow-Roof is one of the brands Home Depot carries.  One of my friends used it on his horsetrailer roof a few years ago and it still looks good.

The website is http://www.snowroof.com

It rained really hard last night and the seams didn't leak.

Cost was about $80 for 5 gallons of Elasto-Seal, and about the same for 5 gallons of Snow-Roof.

Happy Trails,

Michelle

Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-08-21 6:56 PM (#29448 - in reply to #24167)

Expert

I was just browsing an RV catalogue and came across similar products.
I don't need it for leaks, but was thinking an elastomeric roof coating might provide a bit more protection against solar gain and perhaps dampen drumming.

Not that I'm looking for another project - not a 320 sq ft one, or a ~150 sq ft one for that matter. Just thinking about reflecting sun light and reducing drumming.
Then there's the pre-project of figuring a safe way to crawl around on trailer roofs... hmmm, build a cat walk of some kind ?

So, I did a search and landed here. Last update was about 4 months ago, so should I assume it is still holding ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)