'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Question about weight/load and trailer ties

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2023-07-24 2:37 PM
1 replies, 689 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Kiara2213
Reg. Jul 2023
Posted 2023-07-24 11:48 AM (#185606)
Subject: Question about weight/load and trailer ties

New User

Hi all! First question, in a 5 horse H2H, if you're only hauling two horses, I assume it would make sense to use the rear spots that are over the axels vs the front spots closer to the truck? I'm transitioning from a slant load, so trying to figure out the best places to put horses when I don't have a full load. Also, my trailer has rings on the ceiling for chain trailer ties. I tried to use regular trailer ties attached to a smaller hook that I found lower down, but then the horses can put their heads under the chest bar. My trailer ties are too short to reach the hooks on the ceiling. My question is, where can I purchase the chain ties? I've tried to look everywhere on google with no luck.
Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2023-07-24 2:37 PM (#185607 - in reply to #185606)
Subject: RE: Question about weight/load and trailer ties

Elite Veteran

A) Load whereever they are happpier. A trailer like that is very tongue heavy anyway, so you can't "unbalance" it. May ride better with them in the back however.
B) Ties- have seen many folks using chain ties, and they have always been made to fit. Hardware store for chain, snaps, and connectors. If you don't like chains, surely you can find longer nylon ties.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)