'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Questions about alum floor corrosion

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-09-08 8:34 AM
28 replies, 16237 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-10-19 7:05 AM (#69609 - in reply to #69364)
Subject: RE: Questions about alum floor corrosion

Extreme Veteran

I used Herculiner - http://www.herculiner.com/ - to coat the floors in our aluminum LQ trailer and our aluminum stock trailer.  It's been on nearly a year now with no problems and much cheaper than it cost me to have my pickup bed lined with Rhino Liner.  Oh, I also coated the bottom of the feed mangers in the LQ trailer.

Edited by Longrider 2007-10-19 11:53 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
KeepsakeFarm
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-08-31 2:53 PM (#90755 - in reply to #69364)
Subject: RE: Questions about alum floor corrosion

Veteran

Well, I've been meaning to get the mats in my new/old trailer out and do the muriatic acid thing, but didn't until my mare urinated all over the back of the trailer.  So, we hauled out the mats,pressure washed, put on muriatic acid and then decided to go on and put the Dupli-coat down too. 

That was the easiest part!  Pressure washing the mangers was the nastiest.  We've got two coats on now and need to decide if we are going to get another gallon. 

But let me add one thing we did differently.  We poured baking soda on the gravel drive where the muriatic acid was washed out to neutralized it.

Anyway, thanks for the directions on how to do this.  Those mats are a pain to take out so anything that makes it easier is OK by me.  And in Texas in the summer, it only takes a day from start to finish.

TX Rebel
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-09-07 8:27 PM (#91109 - in reply to #90755)
Subject: RE: Questions about alum floor corrosion - Thanks Gard!!

I just got finished putting the Dupli-Color down on the floor of my 3H slant load trailer and it looks great! I had enough to put 4 coats down between the 2 gallons of Dupli-color. My husband told me he was quite impressed and proud of me as I did everything myself - he's amazed at how nice it looks. It wasn't difficult at all but did take some good elbow grease and some sweat down here in this hot Texas Gulf Coast sun, but I got 'er done!

Gard - Thank you very much for the very, very easy to follow instructions and I hope it holds up as well as yours has!!

-Lisa

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-09-08 8:34 AM (#91118 - in reply to #91109)
Subject: RE: Questions about alum floor corrosion - Thanks Gard!!

Expert

Originally written by TX Rebel on 2008-09-07 9:27 PM

I just got finished putting the Dupli-Color down on the floor of my 3H slant load trailer and it looks great! I had enough to put 4 coats down between the 2 gallons of Dupli-color. My husband told me he was quite impressed and proud of me as I did everything myself - he's amazed at how nice it looks. It wasn't difficult at all but did take some good elbow grease and some sweat down here in this hot Texas Gulf Coast sun, but I got 'er done!

Gard - Thank you very much for the very, very easy to follow instructions and I hope it holds up as well as yours has!!

-Lisa

You're quite welcome. I use floor mats over the coating which has practically eliminated any mechanical wear. You might want to check the floor condition after about a month or so to see how things are doing. If all is well, you should only have to flush the inside flooring at the end of the season. This greatly reduces the effort of removing and installing the mats.

BOL   Gard

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)