'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
sawdust when hauling?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-25 6:38 AM
25 replies, 6910 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-05-25 6:38 AM (#42235 - in reply to #42231)
Subject: RE: sawdust when hauling?

Expert

Originally written by cowgirl98034 on 2006-05-24 10:57 PM

That'd be true if I had screens...I don't have them. My 3 horse has open sides with sliding plexi windows that I remove in summer. The 2 horse has drop down windows with no screen, so I keep them up and open the slider window in those. Both trailers would allow a fully lit cigarette butt in with no problem, if someone tossed one out their window on the freeway and the wind caught it. That was my worry. I had one come in my car window once, and boy did I pull over in a hurry. That thing was like a pin-ball in a pin-ball machine, bouncing all around the inside of the car.. yeow.

I disagree with your logic; that you don't have bug screens THEREFORE you can't use shavings (because you also have a fear of fire caused by a very unlikely event). There are other good reasons to have bug screens, e.g. "to keep bugs out". I hope you at least have fly masks on your horses to keep bugs and bits of flying grit out of their eyes.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)