'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
MERGING CAMERA

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-06-16 9:18 PM
5 replies, 3428 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

awalters
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-06-15 8:44 AM (#85679)
Subject: MERGING CAMERA

Does anyone know (or have themselves) ever equipped their trailer with a "merging" type assist camera. I am in the process of converting my truck and trailer, and I would like to place a camera on the rear door of the trailer to view what is behind me and any blind spots that may exist. I have have started to get used to the length , but I want to have a little added insurance for myself and also for any1 who may ever have to drive my trailer in an emergancy. Any thoughts?!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-06-15 3:30 PM (#85695 - in reply to #85679)
Subject: RE: MERGING CAMERA

I have a camera on the back of my truck and the back of my LQ trailer. I the one on the truck for backing up to the trailer or checking on the load on the bed. The one on the trailer is to help with backing and lets me see what is behind me before I pull over to pass. It is also helpful to keep track of the idiots that tailgate. I had one inside the horse compartment on my last trailer but that drove me nuts so I decided to have it installed on my new 4H run around trailer, instead.

When you said merge camera, my first thought was the ones that go on each side of the trailer. I had those on a trailer once but never used them because I hated the flipping between cameras.

My truck has a in dash Pioneer NAV  system with a split screen feature for one camera and the map. I love, love, love it!

awalters
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-06-15 10:31 PM (#85722 - in reply to #85679)

Thats what I am looking at right now...something to look on the back of the horse trailer..just for those tailgaters!!! My biggest concern is the merging, especially when my husband will drive it. I am looking at either Kenwood or the new Pioneer AVIC-Z3 to link with a few diff cameras for the outside and one on the inside. Its tough to get tha cake and eat it too, because while the one camera I a looking at is compatible, the navigation system isnt the best.I want a Magellan and USB links!!
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-06-16 12:06 AM (#85727 - in reply to #85679)

That is the Pioneer system that I have. The audiovox cameras from camping world also work with mine. I rarely use the XM radio function since I have the ipod hookup.
awalters
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-06-16 10:25 AM (#85738 - in reply to #85679)

I checked out the camping world website and they have some pretty cool stuff. I am hoping that Pioneer will come out with a compatible Magellan system or maybe even LG. Not to mention some integrated iPod control. Its like a nice BIGMAC without the toppings!!!! We were looking to even have 2 single din setups and have a dedicated navigation and then the dedicated DVD receiver. The only downside...yet again....Double Din systems are cleaner and break less often. But there are a few options to go with. I just really want to try to get the camera setup if anything. I have never driven a trailer as long as mine, and being a little more comfortable might help the drive.....and the poor souls I run off the road!!!! :)
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-06-16 9:18 PM (#85779 - in reply to #85738)

Expert

dose your navigation system work for a truck? I know a dump question but all the ones I looked at only do cars and parkway ( in NY truck over a wt can not go on parkway)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)