'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
DIY living quarters

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-04-22 7:11 AM
3 replies, 4136 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ingramacres
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-21 1:51 PM (#82381)
Subject: DIY living quarters

For anyone that has done thier own living quarters......

I know when we were trying to come up with ideas on doing our living quarters we looked forever trying to find some pictures of some living quarters that others have done to get ideas for ours. Needless to say the pictures were few and far between. 

So I thought that it would be nice to start an area where we can post pictures of our living quarters that we have done. The link for my pictures is listed below.

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=136

Hope to see many more DIY living quarters to join this thread.

Edited by ingramacres 2008-04-21 1:52 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2008-04-21 3:46 PM (#82384 - in reply to #82381)
Subject: RE: DIY living quarters

Extreme Veteran

OH that turned out cute! Country cabin feel! Mine isn't really a living area, just a small tack/dressing room turned into my camping hideaway at night. I add fold down shelves up in the nose so I can put my portable DVD player and books on at night. Got to watch my Clint Eastwood movies when the campfire burns down for the night. My link is below in my signature.............
memory
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-04-21 8:32 PM (#82396 - in reply to #82381)

Veteran

Kimberly, I like the ladder in yours. I love to look at different DIY layouts. I don't want the cookie cutter look, I want what suits my needs.
ingramacres
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-22 7:11 AM (#82403 - in reply to #82381)

Thanks for the compliment on our stairs (ladder). We were trying to figure out something different that had a slope to it that would make it easier for me to get into the bed. (I am only 5'2" and the gooseneck comes to my chest. :0) But we also did not want to take up alot of floor space.

We managed to get the walk through door bolted in last night. So the next step is getting the lock put in. Then we can start putting the v-board back up.

It is kind of disappointing when you have it looking so nice then you have to take it completely apart to add a door then redo it all over again.

I was wondering how long it would take my husband to actually get it done. But I was really suprized that he has it in already and we just got it Saturday. That is a record for him. But now he says that I have to get the window screens done just as fast. Problem is... I have not even started on them. ;)

Also, I looked at the pictures of your living quarters and that looks really good. The first trailer we had was almost just like that. It had the little short wall for the saddles and that corner shelve. Needless to say we had high hopes on it but never did nothing to it. It was already insulated and had material on the ceiling. I do mean fabric on the ceiling. We sold it just like we bought it. ;) Then purchased our Sundowner.

Keep your eye out for new pictures after this weekend. 4/26/08.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)