'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
World Trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-04-10 7:54 AM
8 replies, 4635 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-04-08 2:58 PM (#81458)
Subject: World Trailer

Expert

Christa? Tell us about... World Trailer. Don't think I have ever seen one. Is it a steel frame/aluminum skin? All aluminum? Composite? Is it build locally near you? I like that 2+1 bumper pull deal...... And yea, I want one of those also!!

The picture in your ad, looks good! Look here>>> 

http://horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=145278

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-04-08 3:35 PM (#81462 - in reply to #81458)
Subject: RE: World Trailer

Elite Veteran

I camp with a lady who use to own a World Trailer.  She liked hers well enough.  I think it was built in Florida ????
mysticsmom
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-08 8:06 PM (#81476 - in reply to #81458)

Yes, I carry World Trailers also. Lakota is my main line of trailers but World Trailers has been around for almost 20 years and is local to Ocala, Florida. I find the two manufacturers compliment each other. World makes an all aluminum trailer and has low warranty issues. These are key issues for myself as a dealer and consumer. Let me know if you would like a quote on one these.
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-04-09 10:29 AM (#81511 - in reply to #81458)

Elite Veteran

I've had a few friends that have had World alum skin trailers and I visited the factory location at least 10 years ago.  I haven't seen any new trailers, but I would rate them at the lower end of the scale for trailers.  Very poor welds, rust quickly, poor perfromance overall.  My friends all switched to other brands and have been much happier.  They are inexpensive for good reason
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-04-09 11:01 AM (#81514 - in reply to #81458)

Expert

It's no doubt that buyers have problems purchasing a trailer based on the recommendations from other people.

Look at the last two postings, one from MYSTICSMOM, the other from DUNOIR. They both gave their impressions of one brand of trailer. One was from a seller's point of view, the other from a user's.

Could they be talking about the same trailer? If I were interested in purchasing this trailer, I would be very confused.

Gard

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-04-09 12:42 PM (#81532 - in reply to #81476)

Expert

Seller says all aluminum.

Originally written by mysticsmom on 2008-04-08 9:06 PM

Yes, I carry World Trailers also. Lakota is my main line of trailers but World Trailers has been around for almost 20 years and is local to Ocala, Florida. I find the two manufacturers compliment each other. World makes an all aluminum trailer and has low warranty issues. These are key issues for myself as a dealer and consumer. Let me know if you would like a quote on one these.

The other say aluminum skin.

I've had a few friends that have had World alum skin trailers and I visited the factory location at least 10 years ago.  I haven't seen any new trailers, but I would rate them at the lower end of the scale for trailers.  Very poor welds, rust quickly, poor perfromance overall.  My friends all switched to other brands and have been much happier.  They are inexpensive for good reason(QUOTE)

Looking at the picture it appears to have a steel frame. At least the tongue looks to be steel. I just have never seen one in person. Next time I'm down to Ocala, I'll slip by and take a peek at one mice-elf!.

Probably a good buy for a new light weight 2+1 trailer. I've seen some of the other "all aluminum" 2+1 trailers in the $30,000 range... That stings!!

WTTRAILERMAN
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2008-04-09 9:33 PM (#81578 - in reply to #81532)

New User

This is very interesting the one lady doesnt own a world trailer but her freinds did she is now a expert on welding all steel frame alumn skin trailers will rust you can only try to prevent this as much as you can those trailers were powder coated and under coated even the BESTmfgs like sundowner had the same problem and yes I would invite you all to come to ocala to see our all alumn trailersthe only steel is the coupler jack axle hangers and axles the 2plus1 trailer is all alumn
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-04-10 2:52 AM (#81606 - in reply to #81458)

Expert

That's even nicer looking than, the first pictures that were in this same ad! In the first pictures, the trailer had a black tongue, that's why I was thinking the tongue may have been built out of steel. Where are you in Ocala? You got any dealers other than Gator trailer sales? Manufacturer's website?

Good luck, that's a nice looking trailer.

http://horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=145278

Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-04-10 7:54 AM (#81619 - in reply to #81458)

Elite Veteran

Well of course a dealer is going to try and belittle my statements.  I did clarify that I visited the factory 10 years ago, things may have changed.  I never claimed to be an expert, but it is obvious looking at these trailers that they were cheaply made. 

I live in South Fla and have seen alot of these trailers, they fill a niche for someone that wants an inexpensive trailer, no doubt.  But I have examined alot of various trailer brands over the years looking at the welds, windows & frames, flooring, walls, door latches, hitches, etc and World trailers are not of the same quality as many other brands.

My friend's trailers started rusting very quickly, the walls were quite thinand wobbly, they commented on how unhappy they were with the trailers, etc.  I realize that funds often dictate which trailer someone buys.  I was simply offering another view on a particular brand of trailer that I have seen in use over the course of several years and have heard close friend's comments on the trailer.

I wasn't aware they now build all aluminum and I didn't comment on those particular trailers. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)