'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ Owners Take Note.. You Now have 24/7 Help Available

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-13 12:46 PM
10 replies, 4452 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

NATDA
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-03-12 8:40 AM (#79339)
Subject: LQ Owners Take Note.. You Now have 24/7 Help Available

NATDA has launched a new program for LQ Trailers.  The NATDA LQ Tech Support Line is a brand new program that is available through any trailer dealer in North America. 

As a consumer imagine if your new or pre-owned LQ trailer came with an 800# that you could call 24/7/365 and was answered by Master Certified RV trained technicians.  90% of problems with LQ's can usually be resolved over the phone.  We all know that problems don't occur m-f, 9-5, they happen on the weekends when we actually use our trailers, and need that help. 

I am a pretty savy LQ guy having owned LQ trailers for years.  I rented a motor home about four months ago, and had problems.  First was the leveling jacks went half way down, and stopped, the second was the hot water heater wouldn't light.  I called the 800# number on Saturday night at 11:30 when we got to the trailride, and was relieved to have someone walk me through both issues.  I started thinking about all of the problems that could occur in LQ's like "my jack won't work", "my slideout won't retract", "my batteries won't charge", "my refridgerator won't light", and went to work on developing a program to give LQ owners "peace of mind protection". 

NATDA partnered with NSD one of the largest and oldest product warranty companies, and rolled out the LQ tech support program.  The tech support is available as a one, two, or three year program.  Some of the trailer companies, and trailer conversion companies are looking at making this program standard on their LQ's.  Do you think that this is a good idea?  We would like to get feedback from end users to see if this program would be helpful to have on their trailers. 

LQ trailers are complex units, and have many systems on board.  The tech support will provide you help when you need it for any LQ issues.  If you are a trailer dealer, and would like to have this program available for your new and pre-owned LQ's contact NATDA at http://www.natda.org/ or call the association at 727-360-0304

NATDA

Edited by NATDA 2008-03-12 8:50 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
NATDA
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-03-12 12:23 PM (#79364 - in reply to #79339)
Subject: RE: LQ Owners Take Note.. You Now have 24/7 Help Available

We would like to hear from LQ trailer owners on if you think an LQ tech support program is a valuable tool to have. 

Edited by NATDA 2008-03-12 12:24 PM
dinero01
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-03-12 12:47 PM (#79366 - in reply to #79364)

YEs -

So would this be like a subscription service that we (the trailer owner) would purchase?

1. It would have to reasonable rates - and could it be like at 6 months at a time or quarterly or yearly tech support?  I will use me for instance - we really use our trailer beginning March thru OCt. - I would only want to pay for those months....

In fact I could use that now - I am getting ready to unwinterize my trailer and dump the antifreeze and have questions.

brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-03-12 2:02 PM (#79373 - in reply to #79339)

I have a 2007 LQ under warranaty, but I doubt it they have someone available by phone 24/7. So yes, I would be interested in such a service.
NATDA
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-03-12 2:16 PM (#79376 - in reply to #79339)

The program is available as a 1,2, or 3 year tech support.  Trying to do it for "seasonal usage" would be an administrative nightmare.  It is our hope that the trailer manufacturers and conversion companies see it as a way to reduce uncessary warranty claims, and to provide their customer with 24/7/365 help.

I think in the future you will see it starting to come standard on some LQ's.  (we have already had a trailer manufacturer working on it for their 2009 model year

As a former manufacturers rep of electric & hydraulic jacks I can tell you that I would get calls all hours of the day and night on weekends, and most of the calls related to issues of battery or ground.  Even if it was a mechanical failure I could always walk them through a temporary fix.  You could only imagine the surprise when they could actually get someone on the phone on a weekend to help them.   I have been the one stranded with no one to call untill Monday, and its not a good feeling. 

Edited by NATDA 2008-03-12 2:18 PM
amysbean
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2008-03-13 9:18 AM (#79423 - in reply to #79339)

Regular

YES, YES AND YES.   i travel with myself and daughters so would love to have that type of help available.  of course, i have found that people at shows are very helpful and usually pretty knowledgeable, but i don't want to be waking anyone up when i pull into show grounds at midnight.
N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-03-13 11:01 AM (#79459 - in reply to #79339)

Elite Veteran

I know for a fact, that I'll be using them !  As my husband travels and never seems to be around when I have a trailer issue i.e. winterizing, something not working in the LQ etc., and he's hard to get on the phone, I will appreciate this helpline.  I'm going to program the phone number into my cell.
N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-03-13 11:03 AM (#79461 - in reply to #79339)

Elite Veteran

O.K. so reading back on this post . . . is this a service that you have to buy?  Is there I number I can put in my phone?
NATDA
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-03-13 12:14 PM (#79475 - in reply to #79339)

The NATDA LQ Tech Support is available through any trailer dealer in North America.  The suggested retail price on the program is as follows

1-Year = $150

2-Year = $195

3-Year = $240

It can be purchased when the trailer is purchased, or can be added at anytime on any trailer.  It is a subscription if you will.  Call your local dealer and ask the about it, if they don't offer it tell them to call NATDA and get signed up.  If you are a dealer you should be packaging this on every LQ you sell.  The peace of mind that it provides as well as the reduction in warranty issues, and problem phone calls are worth every penny. 

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-03-13 12:32 PM (#79477 - in reply to #79339)

Expert

OK, so I'll be the one .....So you got one person standing by 24/7 with all the (correct) answers to all horse trailer/LQ questions? And it costs $150.00 for one year? And a person can come to this site 24/7, ask the same question to beaucoup people, get multiple (correct and incorrect) answers, in just a few minutes.....and it's FREE. I figure if you got mind enough to ask a question, about your trailer, then you may be able to figure who's giving you a valid answer and the folks on here that are "shooting you through the grease"!

I guess if you don't have the internet close by, then, your $150.00 phone  number would come in handy! Good luck with this new service, I wish you well, but at this time I think I'll .... PASS!

NATDA
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-03-13 12:46 PM (#79478 - in reply to #79339)

To answer your question, there isn't one person standing by.  This program is administered through Nation Safe Drivers (NSD) one of the largest and oldest product warranty companies in the country.  They have a whole team of Certified, and Master Certified RV Technicians.  NSD provides a RV Tech Support program for many of the RV manufacturers, as the RV industry makes this program standard as new units roll out.  You will see this program become standard in the LQ industry in the coming years.

It's a great product to have for those that travel, and need help now.  Certainly not for everyone, of course neither is a Tire/Wheel Warranty, AAA, or Extended Warranties, GAP, or Roadside Asssistence.  These are programs that are available for customers that want the peace of mind knowing if they have a problem, there is a trained technician that can help them.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)