'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
TRAILER SERVICE AROUND Ft.Worth, Texas
[Frozen]

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-14 4:50 PM
5 replies, 7533 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh Frozen
Message format

Rockin'TK
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-03-10 11:55 PM (#79269)
Subject: TRAILER SERVICE AROUND Ft.Worth, Texas

We live in Decatur, Texas and have a NEW Trails West LQ trailer less than a year old.  Tried to take it to a local Trails West dealer for warranty work.  Belive it or not they refused to work on it because we did not buy from them... That's right, I did not buy from them, I drove to CO. last year to save almost $10-k on the SAME TRAILER!  This is not the first time to have dealings with this dealer.  That must be why they are changing the name again!

So, this post is to inform anyone that needs service done, go to DURHAM TRAILER RANCH in Weatherford, Texas.  They have no problem working on anything.

Trailers should be like trucks, no matter where you buy from, any dealer that sells that brand should have to do or should be able to warranty work on that brand!

07 TRAILS WEST 8X13AMT SLIDE OUT 4 HORSE DROPS ALL THE WAY AROUND (Worth the extra money)  Well worth the drive to Murdock in Loveland,CO!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
notfromtexas
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-03-12 9:46 AM (#79350 - in reply to #79269)
Subject: RE: TRAILER SERVICE AROUND Ft.Worth, Texas

Veteran

I agree, that is crazy. Any trailer dealers on here like to comment on why some dealers will not work on a warranteed trailer of their brand, even if they did not sell it? 
mgisse
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2008-03-12 10:15 AM (#79356 - in reply to #79269)

I do warranty work for a local rv company. They just dont have any one to do everything. I can not do anything extra on there rv or fix all the small things that warranty wont pay for because we never made anything on the sell to begin with. So there is no way we can give a way any time or money on fixing trailers we dident sell to begin with . We do try to help as mush as we can but we have to eat to.
longearsrule
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2008-03-12 1:34 PM (#79369 - in reply to #79269)

Extreme Veteran

A dealer told me once that he does warranty work on the brands he sells but if there are trailers in that he sold he will do them first. It doesn't seem right that if you service trailers and sell that brand and it's warranty work that you wouldn't take one you didn't sell. What if you just moved into an area with a trailer? it's not your fault you didn't buy it from a certain dealer.
Rockin'TK
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-03-12 10:04 PM (#79402 - in reply to #79269)

That is exactly what I am talking about.  I did give that company a chance to sell me a new trailer. But bottom line, it's all about the MONEY!  If I can save almost 10-k by spending $500.00 in diesel and a weekend trip to Co. to get off of the Texas heat I would do it agian in a heart beat.

I did  have a couple or RV dealers that would work on the inside, but nothing else, a couple of other trailer dealers would do the outside stuff, but would not touch the interior.  I was lucky by finding Durham, they will do anything to any trailer brand out there.... WITH NO QUESTIONS!

Just remember, if you are in Texas, drive around Denton and Decatur and go straight to Weatherford to get your trailer serviced!  It is well worth the drive!

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-03-14 4:50 PM (#79586 - in reply to #79402)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by Rockin'TK on 2008-03-12 10:04 PM

That is exactly what I am talking about.  I did give that company a chance to sell me a new trailer. But bottom line, it's all about the MONEY!  If I can save almost 10-k by spending $500.00 in diesel and a weekend trip to Co. to get off of the Texas heat I would do it agian in a heart beat.

I did  have a couple or RV dealers that would work on the inside, but nothing else, a couple of other trailer dealers would do the outside stuff, but would not touch the interior.  I was lucky by finding Durham, they will do anything to any trailer brand out there.... WITH NO QUESTIONS!

Just remember, if you are in Texas, drive around Denton and Decatur and go straight to Weatherford to get your trailer serviced!  It is well worth the drive!

As with most folks who use this board to "get even" and trash the reputation of another person, there was two very different sides to this story.  Not all of us get to hear both sides, but you would form VERY different opinions if you did.

This is a warning to Rockin'TK ( and others )not to use this informational board to grind their dispute axes in the future, and try to gain unfair treatment -  or you will be banned. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)