'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ Trailer regulations for Canada?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-02-28 10:24 PM
6 replies, 3872 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

knottynuff
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-02-26 4:55 PM (#78048)
Subject: LQ Trailer regulations for Canada?

Have any of you brought up trailers that had a fuel tank for the generator in the mangers or behind the saddle rack?  Is there any legalities about this in Canada?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-02-28 1:13 PM (#78219 - in reply to #78048)
Subject: RE: LQ Trailer regulations for Canada?

Elite Veteran

I'm surprised we didn't get you an answer by now.  Maybe if I "bump" this up one more time.

Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-02-28 1:32 PM (#78225 - in reply to #78048)

I've been up to Calgary a few times with a couple of different trailers that both had fuel tanks in the manger and if anyone ever even looked at them, they didn't say anything about it. Just checked the papers on the horses and dog, no big deal at all. Both tanks were for diesel, so I don't know if that made any difference or not, but I've never heard anybody say anything about any special laws regulating fuel tanks up there. Could be that ignorance is bliss.
knottynuff
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-02-28 3:50 PM (#78236 - in reply to #78225)

Originally written by Tx. Vaquero on 2008-02-28 1:32 PM

I've been up to Calgary a few times with a couple of different trailers that both had fuel tanks in the manger and if anyone ever even looked at them, they didn't say anything about it. Just checked the papers on the horses and dog, no big deal at all. Both tanks were for diesel, so I don't know if that made any difference or not, but I've never heard anybody say anything about any special laws regulating fuel tanks up there. Could be that ignorance is bliss.

I'm from Canada, so I want to know if there is registration laws for such.  We have been inquiring other places but I am just not getting any real answers or directions.

Thanks Dave!!

Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-02-28 4:07 PM (#78238 - in reply to #78048)

I guess I don't understand what exactly you are asking. I have taken a trailer into Canada from the USA and at the border the only thing I was asked to produce was health papers and proof of ownership on the horses and dog. The agents inpected the trailer and truck and checked my liscense and registration on them. I was never asked about the fuel tank built into the manger of the trailer and they made no comment about it. If there is any regulation covering the fuel tank issue, you should be able to find out from your own government.
Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-02-28 6:47 PM (#78252 - in reply to #78048)

I'm in Athens, Tx. at a roping and a Canadian cowboy just rode by so I asked him about it. I just got a blank look and an obscene gesture, so there is either no regulation or there is one and he doesn't like it.
knottynuff
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-02-28 10:24 PM (#78276 - in reply to #78238)

Originally written by Tx. Vaquero on 2008-02-28 4:07 PM

I guess I don't understand what exactly you are asking. I have taken a trailer into Canada from the USA and at the border the only thing I was asked to produce was health papers and proof of ownership on the horses and dog. The agents inpected the trailer and truck and checked my liscense and registration on them. I was never asked about the fuel tank built into the manger of the trailer and they made no comment about it. If there is any regulation covering the fuel tank issue, you should be able to find out from your own government.

When we purchase trailers and bring them up, we have to get an inspection to make sure they pass the laws and are up to safety standards.  Now with this being said I know some of the toyhaulers being brought up had problems passing the certification due to having the fuel tank or something.  That is what I am asking, if anyone knows the standards or who I can contact to find out.

I understand what you are saying but that is just border crossing, not actually going in and trying to get your trailer licensed in Canada to have Canadian license plates.

Thanks for your help.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)