'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Brake controller review!! P3

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-01-16 2:16 PM
1 replies, 3105 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-01-16 11:44 AM (#74552)
Subject: Brake controller review!! P3

Expert

Thank you chadsalt for the Tekonsha P3 review.. 

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=7204

I had been wanting to try another controller. My truck had a Drawtite Activator II that was installed brand new on....09-11-2001.....The "brake box" worked OK, but I seemed to be forever dialing it up or down to get the correct braking. I don't have but one leg, but at times I felt like I needed three hands, two on the steering wheel and one on that little dial, cranking it up and down. I have read about the different controllers and I knew the drawtite was a "timed' controller. In other words, in a panic stop, you only got as much brake as you had dialed in........Unless you could reach down, with out looking, and crank up the power. I did this on several occasions and decided that I was not going to have to do this with this new heavier trailer.

So, I read chadsalt's review on the P3 and figured that this unit was about good as it gets for this amount of money. I didn't get as good of a deal as he did but I bought it with the money I saved when I stopped smoking "Cigars". $127.00 for the controller, $10.00 for the wiring pigtail and about 5 minutes to install. HELLO!!! Went for a test drive and it was like night and day difference!!! No reaching down readjusting, no jerking when you apply and release brakes, no nothing except smooth stopping. If any of you are still using the old "timed" controllers then let the baby go without new shoes for a week or three and get you a Tekonsha P3 brake controller. Your horses will be glad you did!!

Thanks chadsalt, for the P3 review!!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2008-01-16 2:16 PM (#74560 - in reply to #74552)
Subject: RE: Brake controller review!! P3

Expert

Youre welcome.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'