'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
horse heaven ranch oklahoma

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-01-08 6:09 AM
6 replies, 5588 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

docbar 20
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-11-19 5:07 AM (#71464)
Subject: horse heaven ranch oklahoma

I am going to Horse Heaven Ranch in Ok. Thanksgiving week.Has anyone been there and if so any suggestions or comments?Tks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2007-11-19 7:05 AM (#71471 - in reply to #71464)
Subject: RE: horse heaven ranch oklahoma

Elite Veteran

I love horse heaven!! It is the ultimate cowboy country club! Elfie and the crew take great care to make your stay a good one... The campsites are good and the trails go all the way through to the winding stair mtn trails to cedar lake if you pack in.We may come through next week after the clean up from T-giving... We are takin a trip even if gas is too high.. we'll eat beans instead of filets....
Brn2rde
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2007-12-10 4:56 PM (#72739 - in reply to #71464)

We went to Horse Heaven Ranch last April for the Best of America Grand Tour ride. Had a great time. Hope you had a good ride at Thanksgiving. Elfie and Dudley are super nice folks.
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-12-11 12:50 AM (#72753 - in reply to #71464)

Expert

How is the pen or stall cleaning handled?  Do they do this, or do you, and if you are the cleaner, how and where is the manure to be handled?  Thanks....had heard that you cleaned your own, to sack it up and take it somewhere they had.  Some friends of mine were wondering...

Brn2rde
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2007-12-11 2:32 PM (#72788 - in reply to #71464)

They told us to clean our pens out and just scatter it out amoung the trees. Our pens were spaced not close to any other campers or other horses, so you had lots of area to give it a throw. We always carry a folding wheel barrow so it was really easy to clean them. Not sure about if you stall you critters up in the main barn.
Teri
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2008-01-02 4:20 PM (#73646 - in reply to #71464)

The trails are not as well marked as Cedar Lake, which is just over the mountain, and ran by the National Forest Service. The other problem we had was the pull-throughs were pretty tight. If you have a long trailer, it takes a while to get into your campsite. But I really can't say much about the trails - it started raining when we got there last spring break, and never let up. In three days we rode once. Gave up and came home. Now for me - that's pretty bad, cause I'll ride in just about anything. But it was a constant downpour. It was the start of a very rainy year. But I'd rather have rain than none. Poor Georgia and Alabama - is it any better there yet??
docbar 20
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2008-01-08 6:09 AM (#73977 - in reply to #71464)

You did have to clean and bag your stalls and haul it to a trailer up the hill.It is actually a little pain as we were planning on leaving that morning.  stalls took us about an hour an a half to strip them.Great place, great people an d planning to go back.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)