'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
installing a furance in trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-09-03 9:11 PM
1 replies, 2441 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

vettmb81
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-09-03 8:40 PM (#67094)
Subject: installing a furance in trailer

I am going to be installing a LQ in a 4' short wall horse traile wolud like to get help on installing a furance.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
martyg
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-09-03 9:11 PM (#67096 - in reply to #67094)
Subject: RE: installing a furance in trailer

Veteran

If you are going to install a standard RV furnace, just follow the directions that come with the unit. It will require that you cut an opening in your trailer wall and install 12 volt wiring from a fused or breakered feed plus a LP line hookup. For a small trailer like yours get the smallest unit you can find, there wont be any ductwork to connect and your small trailer will be really easy to heat if you put some insulation in the walls and ceiling. Its really pretty basic.

IMHO, you might want to look at using a small catalytic heater instead verses the RV furnace. I have a 8' short wall conversion I did myself and I use a Olympic wave catalytic heater. Heats the trailer nicely, uses no electric. The only drawback is that like any heater with a "flame" it uses oxygen and gives off some moisture. The small unit I use is about 12" squire by 3" thick. Mounts on the wall and gives off a nice soft heat with just a red glow from the catalytic pad. No flames and no odor! I just crack a window and the roof vent about 1/2 inch.

You should be able to download the directions for a furnace from the manufacturers website.

Also check out rvsurplussalvage.com for materials for your conversion.

Marty.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)