'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
US Rider again

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-09-07 9:48 AM
17 replies, 4520 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

nootnay
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-29 4:41 PM (#66750)
Subject: US Rider again

I've been reading these threads for awhile and have found everything very helpful.  Now I have a question.  I've read the info about US Rider and found nothing but positive things about them.  Unfortunatley I'm not one of those people.  I called them twice within the past few days and they were not able to send anyone out to help me.  I was shocked when I was told no one wanted to come out and help.  The 2nd time no drivers were available or they didn't want to drive across town to get me. We traveled from VA to Maine and broke down in NJ on the way and Maine once we got there.  I'd really like to hear what states they are helpful in.  Also did they send a tow truck or where they able to send someone out to fix the problem.  What times of day where they?  The dispatchers were wonderful, just not the people they have contracted to do the work.

Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-08-29 4:58 PM (#66752 - in reply to #66750)
Subject: RE: US Rider again

Expert

They helped friends of mine that were not even members. They (the friends) called me on a Sunday morning, broke down while heading to the big Arabian show last year in Ky. I called USRIDER for them and two wreckers and a truck tractor were sent on a rainy Sunday on west bound I-64 just east of Charlottsville Va. They were on scene within an hour of me calling. The truck tractor towed the loaded 8 horse L/Q trailer back to Suffolk Va. and one of the wreckers towed the 3500 dually Dodge / Cummins to the Dodge dealer for a new clutch on monday morning. needless to say, my friends signed up for USRIDER on the spot. That's all I can tell you.
mike and darcy
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-29 7:17 PM (#66758 - in reply to #66750)

Regular

Do you think that US Rider would help take up action agianst the states who are writting these cash cow tickets?

I'm sure they have a good lobby?

Someone who is a better writter than myself might draft a letter for all the US Ridder clients to copy and send in.

Same thing goes for AQHA.

Just an idea, but like was suguested, the horse folks have to be pro active and on the ball about this.

Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-08-29 7:57 PM (#66766 - in reply to #66750)

Extreme Veteran

I have to jump in here to make a statement about US Rider. Several months ago, my wife ran over some junk in the highway that punctured the sidewalls on 2 of her tires. She called USR and the first question was "do you have horses with you?"  She was driving her car. She was in Rhome, TX and they couldn't find it in their book or maps. The tow truck driver called from Crockett, TX which was about 4 hours away. Make a long story short, they were looking for ROME not RHOME. I left work about 65 miles away to go to her aid, took the tires to Discount Tire and had them replaced since we had a replacement warranty with them. My wife posted a negative comment on endurance.net and the very next day the head honcho with USR called her wanting to know all of the details. He sent a check paying ME for my mileage round trip between work, tire shop, and back to car. Then he sent an apologetic letter with a handcrafted box of expensive chocolates. Do we still have USR. You bet!!!!!  Wouldn't be without them. They are one class act.
Jbsny
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2007-08-29 8:17 PM (#66768 - in reply to #66750)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for the experience, Longrider. I just got my USRider package in the mail yest and sent my hub off on a motorcycle trip with his card. Good to know that even if things go wrong, they try to make it right. Perhaps the OP can call USR and tell them about their experience in NJ, and maybe get some sort of restitution (sp?) for it. I am still glad I signed up for it, too many happy endings not to do so.

THANKS ALL
Jbsny
nootnay
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-29 8:32 PM (#66772 - in reply to #66750)

Thanks for the input.  I tried calling them today but they had already closed.  I'm still gald to hear these good stories.  Like I said I was shocked when I was told that no one would come.  The 1st time I had a problem the lady from USR called after an hour to see if we were ok and back on the road.  Like I said the people at USR were great, they just couldn't find anyone to come help.  Maybe I'll get to speak with someone on Thursday.

coltaffyjo
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-08-29 9:14 PM (#66779 - in reply to #66750)

Regular

Where can I sign up?? Sounds like a very valuable service when/if needed.
BigT
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-08-29 9:38 PM (#66790 - in reply to #66750)

Extreme Veteran

www.usrider.org
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2007-08-29 10:48 PM (#66799 - in reply to #66790)

Expert

You should defiantly tell us rider about you experience they are always looking for feedback about the people they send out to help. I use them for a flat on my trailer and the people they sent were great (upstate NY)
Jean F.
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2007-08-31 10:42 PM (#66971 - in reply to #66750)

Regular

I used my US Rider membership last month for the first time.  Locked my keys in my truck at a show.  Had fast and easy service.  I was sent a survey the next week, asking about my experience.  I rated almost everything as "excellent".  But, I rated the service guy as "fair" on professionalism, because he was talking on his cell phone (didn't bother me, but I couldn't honestly rate him as "excellent").

The next week I got a letter from US Rider apologizing for the service guy.  Yikes, I didn't complain about him at all, now I'm bummed that I seemed like a whiner for calling him "fair".....

I would definately let them know that they haven't lived up to your expectations!

PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-08-31 11:46 PM (#66973 - in reply to #66750)

Expert

Originally written by nootnay on 2007-08-29 5:41 PM

I've been reading these threads for awhile and have found everything very helpful.  Now I have a question.  I've read the info about US Rider and found nothing but positive things about them.  Unfortunatley I'm not one of those people.  I called them twice within the past few days and they were not able to send anyone out to help me.  I was shocked when I was told no one wanted to come out and help.  The 2nd time no drivers were available or they didn't want to drive across town to get me. We traveled from VA to Maine and broke down in NJ on the way and Maine once we got there.  I'd really like to hear what states they are helpful in.  Also did they send a tow truck or where they able to send someone out to fix the problem.  What times of day where they?  The dispatchers were wonderful, just not the people they have contracted to do the work.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity...

What exactly were the problems?

How were your problems resolved?

How many horses were you hauling?

Or were you just trolling???

Edited by PaulChristenson 2007-09-04 12:56 PM
heritagelanefarm
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2007-09-03 5:28 PM (#67084 - in reply to #66750)

Veteran

Thanks to this board I became a US Rider member last week. My neice and I arrived this morning (Labor Day) at the horse parking area of the Gettysburg Battlefield. I noticed a rear trailer tire quickly going flat. I called US Rider and was very impressed with the quick service for the tire change (within an hour). Needless to say, I was glad I made the investment, and happy I frequent this board!

Brenda 

rick
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-09-04 8:44 AM (#67121 - in reply to #66750)

Regular

Just a caution. Be SURE that the holder of the policy handles EVERYTHING related to the issue. My wife broke down in our truck in a parking lot (luckily not hauling horses). She called US Rider from the business located there, and was put on hold for an extended period of time. The guy wanted to close, so she hung up and called the tow company direct and had the truck hauled to the closest shop. She called US Rider to ask what to do, and they said no problem, submit a receipt to be reimbursed for the tow. When the truck was fixed the next day, my wife was at work so I picked it up and signed the receipt. She mailed it to US Rider and the next week got a letter denying the $60 claim since SHE hadn't signed the receipt. It's so frustrating to read how they are so helpful to everyone, and yet my wife found her own tow because US Rider wasn't responding, then did as they asked, and still got denied due to an 'incorrect' signature.
WVbarrelracer06
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2007-09-04 11:01 AM (#67129 - in reply to #66750)

Veteran

I just joined today after reading everything i haul at least twice a week in most cases and traveling alot with rodeo so i said what could it hurt. so I guess i will see how everything goes
nootnay
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-09-04 6:54 PM (#67169 - in reply to #66750)

Paul,  I promise I wasn't trolling.  At least not this time.  But I did think about giving them a test call to see if they would respond to me this time.

Rick,  I may have the same problem.  They put the dealship that we were having the truck towed to instead of my name.  But I didn't realize it until after I spoke with USR.  The bill was $125.  If they deny it rest assured my membership will be cancelled.

PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-09-04 10:33 PM (#67189 - in reply to #67169)

Expert

Originally written by nootnay on 2007-09-04 7:54 PM

Paul,  I promise I wasn't trolling.  At least not this time.  But I did think about giving them a test call to see if they would respond to me this time.

Rick,  I may have the same problem.  They put the dealship that we were having the truck towed to instead of my name.  But I didn't realize it until after I spoke with USR.  The bill was $125.  If they deny it rest assured my membership will be cancelled.

Your PM was illuminating...and I agree if they do not honor the tow bill...I would probably be cancelling too...

hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-09-07 8:55 AM (#67400 - in reply to #66750)
Subject: Limited Access & Toll roads

Expert

Folks... Just a warning about USrider...

On some roads, like the NY State throughway, only designated towing services are allowed to be used.  If you have a breakdown on such a road, you're screwed.  USrider can't help until you're towed off the toll road to an exit.

(USrider put out a advisory, last month on this)

Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-09-07 9:48 AM (#67403 - in reply to #66750)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks Hoss - one more good reason to stay out of NY.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)