'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
"new" trailer in previous accident?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-08-08 9:40 AM
2 replies, 2526 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

littlewoodhorses
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2007-08-07 12:06 PM (#65322)
Subject: "new" trailer in previous accident?

We made it down to pick up our new '95 Trails West. (My dad had looked the trailer over for use and had it delivered to his house). After crawling all over it, sleeping in it and hauling 1200+ miles home, we think it was in an accident at some point. The passenger side window in the overshot has screws that appear to have been removed and reset, sloppy caulking job around the window, some seams. Several seams between the skin and bracing are mildly cracked on that side, none on driver side. Seam between fiberglass nose and metal skin on roof drips water. None of the damage appears significant, but is there anything else I should look for? Anyway to find out for certain?

Thanks for the input.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-08-07 4:26 PM (#65345 - in reply to #65322)
Subject: RE: "new" trailer in previous accident?

Expert

The passenger side window in the overshot has screws that appear to have been removed and reset, sloppy caulking job around the window, some seams. Several seams between the skin and bracing are mildly cracked on that side, none on driver side. Seam between fiberglass nose and metal skin on roof drips water.

To me it sounds as if someone was trying to replace worn out calking.  It sounds like my trailer which has never been wrecked.  I think it is age related, not a wreck.  If you have a pop rivit gun you can drill out the rivits and scrape away the old calk on the fiberglass/metal and relace it with fresh calk.  That should stop the leaking on the nose.   You'll have to dig out the old calk along the seams and re-calk that as well to stop the leaks.  

cutter4life
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-08-08 9:40 AM (#65398 - in reply to #65322)
Subject: RE: "new" trailer in previous accident?

Regular

I would ditto the previous comment!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World