'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Memorial Day at Strawberry

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-05-29 10:56 PM
0 replies, 2914 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2007-05-29 10:56 PM (#61444)
Subject: Memorial Day at Strawberry

Expert

I have two young foxtrotters that I am working with.  One is a 4 year old gelding and with 50 or so rides on hom and is still a little unpredictable and fiesty. I don't trust my daughters on him yet as I usually get a buck or two each ride from him. His sister is a 3 year old filly and carrying a saddle and rider is a non-event for her. This past weekend we took both of the young horses and my older horses and went up to Strawberry Utah for the weekend. Lots of trails, Lots of elevation change, lots of dead falls laying across the trail, Lots of water, streams, mud puddles to cross. Lots of uneven terrain to trip over. Deer and Elk running away, Grouse busting out of cover, lots of shadows, stumps, big rocks to scare a horse. In general a great place to train a trail horse.

We rode Friday evening after we set up camp, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Lots of wet saddle blankets.  Camp was at 8200 Foot elevation. Some of our rides took us up to around 10,500. I tried to take some pictures, but my colt just won't stand still. So lots of blurred photos that got thrown out.  But here are a few that didn't look too bad.

By the river

In the Quakies

Passing through stand of spruce on North facing hillside.

As we approach tree line

A spring and tank almost to the top of the mountain

Above Treeline, Snow has not been gone long. Grass is just starting to pop up.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)