'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Rhino Lining in trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-24 6:08 PM
9 replies, 5227 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Cinch
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-19 11:12 AM (#59602)
Subject: Rhino Lining in trailer

Does anyone have a rhino lining or similiar product in their trailer? I am going to have one put in mine, but I was told by one person that it ruined his aluminum floor. He said moisture got in between the lining and floor and "rotted" his floor. Has anyone else heard/seen anything like this happening?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cloud9
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2007-04-19 11:34 AM (#59603 - in reply to #59602)
Subject: RE: Rhino Lining in trailer

Extreme Veteran

That's the first time I've heard of it rotting the aluminum. But, who knows?

I'd be cautious because Rhino is so tacky. It might make your horses stumble especially if they tend to slide their rear hooves, like mine does. Then, again it might give more stability.

It'd be interesting to hear about how it worked out.
rattler
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-04-19 1:35 PM (#59616 - in reply to #59602)

Regular

I rhino-lined my aluminum stock combo floor  then put mats on top. It has worked great, no problems whatsoever. It is not suitable to put the horses directly on the liner as the they would create openings that would allow urine to get to the aluminum.
zippodude
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-19 8:48 PM (#59647 - in reply to #59602)

New User

Hi

I think the problem with the Rhino lining is it doesnt bond to the Alum like the WERM  does so you get a airspace and moisture sets in and the alum will oxidize and then the corrison begins in the alum floor.  Thats why 4 Star uses the WERM its the only thing that bonds and lasts on the floors.  Alum is the hardest thing to get anything to stick 2, but the Werm guys have figured it out. 

Covert Cowboy
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-20 8:12 AM (#59674 - in reply to #59602)

Regular

It's not a simple application by any means. Aluminum is notoriously hard to coat. That is why the few trailer manufacturers that use a liner system have had the liner companies develop new products specifically for them.

I'm not as familiar with 4-Star, but Sundowner had ArmorCoat (I think thats the name) develop a system specifically for the horse trailers and then called it SunCoat. If its done right it is exponentially better than screwed on rubber. If its done wrong, however, its pretty much worthless because it will peel badly.

rick
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-04-20 10:56 AM (#59683 - in reply to #59602)

Regular

Go with the WERM system and you will never have to move a rubber mat again.

Well worth the $$$$.
rider3
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2007-04-23 8:51 AM (#59784 - in reply to #59602)

Veteran

If you are going to do it have it done professionally by an outfit experienced with aluminum- most auto/truck body shops aren't .  I've heard the trick is to prep the aluminum- must be spotless and believe they even 'sand-blast' it a little with tiny plastic beads?   Assume this is to help the product adhere.  Anyway- loved the Werm application I saw at Congress- very thick - but also very stinky (opinion only- I could smell it for days- ha!)

rick
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-04-23 9:52 AM (#59786 - in reply to #59602)

Regular

ya mine stunk for a while but just left door open and after horses where in and out a few times it has seemed to disappear. Just like any new rubber or plastic product.

WERM is the best. Thickness of my rubber mats, no lip at the back of trailer now.
DonnaS
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-23 10:09 AM (#59789 - in reply to #59602)

New User

I've used Rhino lining for the bed of my truck and it covers the box I use for my horseshoeing tools.  Although it really protects everything very well, I'd be concerned that it would make the interior of the trailer extremely dark.  I'm considering using it inside my horsetrailer -- the local autoparts store sells it in a spray or brush on application that I could do myself -- but was wondering if anyone has seen it in a color other than black.  Has anyone used the self-application before or has everyone just had the professionals do it?

-Donna

cbdeajr
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-24 6:08 PM (#59878 - in reply to #59602)

What is WERM and where do you get information on it?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)