'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
What type of trailer for CDE

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-11 12:39 PM
1 replies, 2223 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

eg-cole
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-09 5:37 PM (#58920)
Subject: What type of trailer for CDE

New User

I am looking for a bumper pull horse trailer large enough to pull a 1000-1200 horse, a marathon carriage and a 2 wheel presentation cart.  I am hoping to pull it with my motorhome that has a Ford 450 engine, E350 chassis and can pull 5000 lbs.  I have no idea what trailers weight or how long a one is needed for the carraiages plus horse. I also have a Ford Excursion with the big engine if the motorhome won't work, but then I would think about a horse trailer with small living quaters.  Is this possible?   Any experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Elaine

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jakey1
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2007-04-11 12:39 PM (#59059 - in reply to #58920)
Subject: RE: What type of trailer for CDE

Extreme Veteran

We've done combined & pleasure driving for a good many years. Sorry to say IMO that you're probably not going to find a trailer large enough for all your stuff - a big horse and 2 horse sized vehicles - under 3500 lbs. Add the weight of your horse and carriages plus all the other stuff you need - harness, etc. - and you're going to end up way over 5000 lbs GTW. Consider a long bed p/u so you can put one carriage in the bed and a 16-20 foot stock bumper pull trailer for your horse and the other carriage, or a larger gooseneck trailer with a small living quarters.

Good luck in your search!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)