'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailes West Trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-02-27 8:27 PM
8 replies, 3455 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Its all about horses
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-27 12:09 PM (#56388)
Subject: Trailes West Trailer

I posted a few days back a question about the Trails West Trailers for a client. After reading the previous information she decided to buy the trailer. When she brought it to the house I loved the look of it. She had only gotten the high side, so no drop down windows, just your basic no frills trailer. I whent to the dealership and did a spontaneous trade in. My Logan 2hrs for a Trails West Adventure MX 3hrs. BP with all the features. (Drop downs and all.) I have used it consistently this past week and have to say I love the trailer. I have previously abused horses that have trust and loading isues and they just love this trailer. It tows so well and is easy to work around. For a mid priced trailer this is a great one. It handles well on icy roads with a yearling jumping around inside. (A story for another time. Very scary emergency that tuned out well!) Just had to talk this trailer up a little.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-02-27 12:25 PM (#56389 - in reply to #56388)
Subject: RE: Trailes West Trailer

Elite Veteran

Glad you love your trailer. I love mine too.... I have a 2H Adventure MX with drops on front and plexi-on hip (cheaper taxes for Kansas). The Plexi-glass fits right inside the tack room should I need to add it in case of rain or a cold front. Sure beats pulling around a honkin LQ trailer for day rides. I added the "caution horses" sticker on the back for those awful tailgaiters and had a custom sticker graphic designed for the door. Kinda livened it up a bit. Enjoy your trailer and Happy Trails!
trailridngal
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-02-27 2:12 PM (#56410 - in reply to #56388)

Regular

trailridngal
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-02-27 2:18 PM (#56412 - in reply to #56388)

Regular

I am happy to read these as I am currently considering a Trails West.. I have not been able to view one in person as there is nothing to look at anywhere near where I live. I like the idea of the side tack. As I have gotten older I am not liking a rear tack and backing horses out of the trailer. Daughter had a mare here last year that wasn't taught to back out and wigged out in the trailer..luckily all we had were bruises. Could have been a bad deal. Most of the horses we have had back out without an issue..but I sometimes don't think they like doing it.. probably not the best on their legs. The trailer we used last year had a ramp...which was nice.  It was a Sundowner and still seemed a little narrow going between the tack wall and side of the trailer. 50/50 doors. I was wondering how the Trails West pulled...sounds like they pull great.
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-02-27 3:21 PM (#56422 - in reply to #56389)

Expert

Talking about tailgating.  I saw a warning sign on the doors of a trailer at walmart this morning.  Just a simple picture of a horse with his tail hanging out of the rear of the trailer while the horse was pooping onto the hood of a too close car.   The picture showed someone in the car with a  look on its face.  Wish I'd have had a camer with me.  I'd love to have a sticker like that. 
brokenboot
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-02-27 4:09 PM (#56424 - in reply to #56388)

Regular

I've had my Trails West for 4 years and I have never regretted buying it. The side tack is my favorite feature, but there are so many little details that make it the best mid-priced trailer I've seen. The paint job is incredible. The dealer had me pull aluminum trailers before actually purchasing the Trails West and I was sold when the Trails West pulled so much nicer on the interstate. I want to upgrade to a full living quarters now and am disappointed that Trails West does not make an 8 foot wide trailer.
trailridngal
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-02-27 7:32 PM (#56444 - in reply to #56388)

Regular

I am considering the 3 H side tack model with double back doors that have cam latches.. I don't think there is a butt bar. Has anyone had an issue with putting a horse in that last stall?  I will primarly haul one horse.. but may haul 3 on occassion.

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-02-27 7:34 PM (#56445 - in reply to #56388)

Expert

I had a Trails West for a couple years. It was a no frills 3 H GN with a DR....plexi glass windows which i didn't like at all. But it was a new trailer i could easily afford. The paint did start to peel in the GN but other wise it was pretty decent. I upgraded to a nice Exiss with a small LQ. In our climate, I didn't want a steel trailer. I have recommended them to others wanting a affordable trailer.
trailridngal
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-02-27 8:27 PM (#56450 - in reply to #56388)

Regular

I had a Travelute years ago that had the plexi windows. I didn't like them much either. I have had aluminum trailers since.. thinking about going back to steel. Not quite sure yet though which I will choose. The Trails West looks to be the best made of the steel trailers available.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)