'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Brand new Circle J trailer issue

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-02-28 9:51 PM
2 replies, 4500 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jrt are great
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-29 8:06 PM (#54697)
Subject: Brand new Circle J trailer issue

Sorry for all the prior mistakes I just posted.  I have never posted to the forum before but I always read.

I purchased a brand new Circle J Outback Plus 2 horse trailer this summer from a dealer in Denver.  Other than towing it home 100 miles I have put less than 50 miles on the trailer.  This winter I checked inside the trailer and there were 2 small frozen puddles inside where the snow on top had melted and then froze.  There was also places on the front mat (where the horse stands) where the roof was leaking and rolling down the mat.  I got up on a ladder to check the roof to see if I could see where the roof was leaking and there was a "buffed" out spot on top on the trailer probably 12in by 6in.  The roof is leaking in 3 different places. It makes we wonder what has happed to this trailer.  In addition, to the roof leaking (some kind of composite that "never leaks" ) my mats are pulling away from the walls and you can see the glue underneath.  Circle J forgot to rivet the mats down.  I talked to the dealer and emailed pictures and he was not the greatest in getting back to me so I contacted Circle J directly.  I spoke with the warranty repair guy.  I told him I thought something has happened to this trailer and I did not buy a new damaged trailer.  I then had a conference call with the sales and marketing mgr and he told me that they would not replace the trailer only repair the trailer.  I feel the trailer is a lemon and I am not happy about having a new trailer that has to be sent back to the manufacture to have the roof taken off and replaced. How do I know there isn't some kind of other structrual damage involved.   The other thing is that the trailer has a small triangluar piece of mat right in the front where the horse stands (it is a slant load).  My horse got the mat all kicked up and had her foot caught underneath the mat.  Has anyone else ever had this problem?  Just looking for some advice and input.  Thanks, Laura

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
dallen
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-28 3:04 PM (#56498 - in reply to #54697)
Subject: RE: Brand new Circle J trailer issue

New User

Did you ever get any help on this?

Re: lemon - trailers are pretty simple, and as long as the welds are not cracked, and the axles are well built (which is normally the case - generally built by others) most of the problems you may find will be pretty cosmetic.  Let them fix the leaks and the glue for the kick mats and you shouldn't have problem.  They generally dont rivet mats down, but use construction adhesives to fix them to the walls, rivets move and round out holes and eventually fall out.

I dont think I'd recommend that dealer to any of your friends though.

trailer/truck newbie
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-28 9:51 PM (#56527 - in reply to #54697)
Subject: RE: Brand new Circle J trailer issue

Regular

Hi Laura,

Gee, I guess customer service has really gone by the wayside these days. I am surprised that the manufacturer didn't automatically offer to replace the trailer. If you had wanted a used (previously damaged) trailer then you could have found one for much cheaper through the classifieds. Anyways, one of the other 4h moms recently purchased a circle j 3 horse slant load trailer. I will see her on friday and I will ask her if she has had similar or other issues. Would the Better Business Bureau be a form of recourse? Selling a previously damaged trailer as  new should be considered to be fraud and perhaps there would be some recourse by pursuing that angle. I don't know. I certainly wouldn't let your dealer away with this though. I will post a note when I talk to my friend Laureen (the one with the trailer).

Regards,

J

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World