'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2H BP upfront Storage

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-16 7:57 PM
3 replies, 2261 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

AMJ
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-14 3:23 PM (#53852)
Subject: 2H BP upfront Storage

New User

I have a Kingston Windsor, 2H BP straight load no DR which is a Vnose. I usually haul one horse to shows.

1.  Do you all have a recommendation on storing gear such as trunks, tack, etc in this area? How do you keep it secure?

2. Have you ever used one of those water containers (18G), and does it work well in this area vs. a dressing room.

3.  Where can I find the vinyl hay feeders that are square instead of corner feeders?  It may keep the hay waste and mess to a minimum. 

I'm trying to use the most of this small space, so any suggestions/words of wisdom are appreciated.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
goethetrail
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2007-01-14 5:47 PM (#53855 - in reply to #53852)
Subject: RE: 2H BP upfront Storage

I had 2 rubbermaid cabinets on the floor opposite each other in the 'vee'.  My trailer had tack hooks in the vee area and I hung my saddle from these hooks (endurance/western) using a strap thru the gullet of the saddle.  Worked for me!  They never moved about.

Helen

bechack
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2007-01-16 10:49 AM (#53936 - in reply to #53852)

Veteran

GO UP! Hang as much as you can. Is it a walk in tack area? If so, if it is water proof, hang a saddle rack on the door, and yes, the 18 gal water tank will work. I have a very small tack room in my 3H BP and have camped out of it for 6 weeks at a time. It can be done. Just get creative.
AMJ
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-16 7:57 PM (#53957 - in reply to #53852)

New User

There is no dressing room (now I'm wishing I had one).  The space is where the hay nets are located.  Just making the best out of the situation.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)