'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
folding couch & water fill

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-12-09 9:34 AM
5 replies, 3306 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-12-08 3:22 PM (#52334)
Subject: folding couch & water fill

Extreme Veteran

How do I get my fold out couch to fold out in such a way so I can get to the stuff underneath it. The water tank, pump and water hoses? It folds out into a bed just fine, but I can't figure out how to tilt it out so I can get underneath it. I don't have to un-bolt it and take it out do I?    

I've been losing alot of water out of the gravity water fill plug, almost a 1/4 of a tank, so I'm thinking it time to replace it. The cap seems to fit tight, but water still come out when I make turns. I have one of these : http://www.rvsurplussalvage.com/catalog/display.php?product_id=1363

I'm wondering if one of these would work better: http://www.rvsurplussalvage.com/catalog/display.php?product_id=1365

This seems to be a new problem. -Betty

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
bechack
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-12-08 4:45 PM (#52336 - in reply to #52334)
Subject: RE: folding couch & water fill

Veteran

Your couch may not move. You will have to crawl under their to really look and see what the hardware will allow.

As to the fill spout, it could be coming out of the air vent. I really prefer the air vent fill over the antique style fill. Are you sure you don't have a leak somewhere else? I found on one camper that the "outside" drain valve will drip and seemed to wear out and leak more with age. That would be where I would start.
nd deb
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-12-08 4:59 PM (#52337 - in reply to #52334)

Veteran

I have my water tank under the couch and what I do to get at it is that the bottom part where your the back of your legs rest against pulls up and then I have a leg on the 2 corners that when down it slides under the tank and when you pull it up and level with the part you sit on, to sleep on the legs hold it up.  It will also pull up higher then the couch so you are able to get at things underneath.   I used 2 door hinges. 

Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-12-08 5:51 PM (#52338 - in reply to #52334)

Betty, if your couch is like mine, when you pull the lever to lay it down, you can lift the front up some as it slides out. It is heavy and you don't have a lot of room, but with somebody to hold it up, you can reach the pump, tank and fittings. Sounds like you may have a vent plugged, otherwise the water shouldn't flow back out the fill valve since they are normally higher than the tank.Be careful when working under the couch because they are heavy and the framework can have sharp edges. Good luck.
inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-12-08 7:34 PM (#52343 - in reply to #52334)

Veteran

Mine sounds like yours too. The part that is under the seat part of the couch will lift off on mine. Then I have to lift up on the seat like the other person was discribing. Kinda akward but can be done. Oh, by the way, did I mention I have to lay on the floor to do this!!!
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-12-09 9:34 AM (#52359 - in reply to #52343)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for the advice. I'll go play with the couch some more. If I can't figure it out, I'll take it to the shop. The actual task of replacing the filler is easy, but that couch is so heavy, I bet you could really get hurt if it fell on you.-Betty
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)