'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Rust in stall area

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-10-12 12:38 PM
3 replies, 2398 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Amos
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-10-11 9:20 AM (#49894)
Subject: Trailer Rust in stall area

In Jan 06 I bought my first horse trailer--used 89 Bee--steel--22/23? ft. with 5 ft. lq unfinished. My problem is this: When I bought the trailer I looked under floor mats at floor--in great condition--outside rust (some, but not much at all) but didn't bother to look at the panel next to flooring. Rusted 3-4 inches up. You know under the black rubbery/hard plastic? stuff on the side of the trailer 3 ft. up from the floor. How I found this out was I went to have it sand blasted and repainted and the guy doing it took the black stuff off and found all of the rust. I guess where the previous owners didn't clean it out good after use. I don't know could be wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this needs to be fixed? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED-- on a good note--I absolutely LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEE this site thanks for all of good help and honest opions from everyone
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Spooler
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-10-11 11:29 AM (#49901 - in reply to #49894)
Subject: RE: Trailer Rust in stall area

Extreme Veteran

The only way to properly fix rust issues is to cut the rusted metal out and replace.  Anything else you do it will just delay the rust.  It will come back. Need to treat the metal before painting with eching primer and also paint with sealer to seal off all oxygen from the metal.
Amos
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-10-11 10:41 PM (#49943 - in reply to #49894)

Spooler--
Thank you for the info. Much needed. Spoke to him today and said also to replace but to also add the stuff that you put in the back of trucks (rhinoliner stuff that you can paint on)???? and then put the hard rubbery thing back on over the top of that to keep the moisture out. What do you think about that?
Spooler
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-10-12 12:38 PM (#49993 - in reply to #49894)

Extreme Veteran

Sounds like a good plain.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'