'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
blanket bar

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-03-18 2:39 PM
3 replies, 3024 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Dobby
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-18 10:04 AM (#39019)
Subject: blanket bar

I have a 2000 Cherokee 3 horse with a 6' shortwall living quarter and no midtack. I have no blanket bars in the trailer and no room to install one in the rear tack. A local Cherokee dealer is telling me that they routinely install a blanket bar the whole length of the horse trailer about three inches from the ceiling along the butt wall where there is currently removeable plexiglass panels. Any one have any pros or cons on this construction. Appreciate it!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-03-18 10:45 AM (#39022 - in reply to #39019)
Subject: RE: blanket bar

Expert

I'm kinda looking at this same option.  I hate to reduce the airflow. And my horse compartment lights are inthe same area.  But I would like to get my blankets up off the flow. I currently stack them under my saddles in the rear tack.

Road Dog
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-03-18 12:55 PM (#39026 - in reply to #39019)

If you don't have a walk-thru from the dressing room to the back of the trailer you can have a blanket bar built that will mount up high on the slant wall (in the horse area). This works really well if you are using your front stall for storage. You can still use the stall to haul a horse but he will need to be pretty broke so the blankets moving a little bit don't bother him.

MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-03-18 2:39 PM (#39028 - in reply to #39019)

Extreme Veteran

I have one of those on my slant wall in the first stall, about 4' long. Has been a life saver for hanging bridle bags, boot bag, and garment bag. I use the first stall for storage and sure is nice to have. I think I would rather have one on the slant wall versus the curb side wall.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)