'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2' Shortwall conversions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-03-19 8:45 AM
2 replies, 3036 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Yippee Ki Yo
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-03-17 3:05 PM (#38983)
Subject: 2' Shortwall conversions

Ok, so I have seen lately where there is several people with a 2' shortwall. What have you done/going to do with yours? We have a Featherlite 2' SW with door on curb. We have the insulation & a.c. in. We are in the middle of putting in a walk-thru door.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-03-17 3:57 PM (#38985 - in reply to #38983)
Subject: RE: 2' Shortwall conversions

Elite Veteran

I'd like to know how you like your walk-through door. You are already farther along than me, I live in rural SE Kansas and people who work on trailers are few and far between, so still at the thinking stage with my wiring. What size AC did you put in? I'm straddling the fence over whether to do that or just get a fan/vent combination. Plan to wire/insulate yet this year hopefully. Have porta potty/chair combo that I've also been using to step up into the gooseneck and a microwave cart with wheels removed that holds fridge, drawer holds makeup mirror and misc "stuff", MW slot holds hat boxes.  I have a hole cut into the side so I can run extension cords from the trailer to a hookup and plug that into a surge protector/outlet inside the trailer to run fan/fridge. That's as far as I've gotten. Going to have some kind of shower arrangement in first stall, but probably only solar, no real plumbing planned at this time.
Yippee Ki Yo
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-03-19 8:45 AM (#39051 - in reply to #38985)
Subject: RE: 2' Shortwall conversions

We are in the process of the WLD.  After quotes of $800-&1,200 we decided to experiment and use my Father's welding abilities.  We have the materials to finish it but dad left on vacation in the middle of the project.  We wanted the WTD though so we could set up a cowboy shower and porta potty in the fist stall once we get situated and so there was somewhere for the kids when we used it as a 4-wheeler trailer.
The rivets out to take out the panel to cut
hole cut out
Ready to cut otherside

We just went along with a wall unit.  It is such a small area to cool and to purchase a $500 ac unit vs a $90 ac unit we figured we could spend the extra $400 somewhere else.  We will come back and finish it in wood trim once we get to that point.
line drawn
ohmigosh look at that hole
installed inside
installed outside

This is what we hope the finished project will look similar to, except we hope to have a little two burner gas stove also.  Will we use it? Probably not but it will finish the package out. We have found some great mini items that should fit nicely.

The trailer came with this cabinet set in it but it does not work into our plans.

We plan to put a corner cabinet, floor to ceiling, in the the slant corner. And a small narrow boot box under the ac to store the 12volt stuff. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)