'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ "kit"

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-06-16 5:16 PM
3 replies, 3535 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

JStrause
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-06-16 12:27 PM (#26676)
Subject: LQ "kit"

Does anyone know of any LQ conversion companies that will sell a conversion kit?  I live in Alaska, so its a little difficult to haul a trailer to the lower 48 to have a conversion done, then haul back.  So I'm  interested in finding out if the conversion companies will sell a kit that they could ship here, and then I could install it myself.

John

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2005-06-16 12:54 PM (#26682 - in reply to #26676)
Subject: RE: LQ "kit"

Expert

That would be interesting.  Try calling/e-mailing some of the conversion companies and asking.  Maybe they just haven't thought of it yet.
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-06-16 3:12 PM (#26693 - in reply to #26682)

Extreme Veteran

Why not just do it yourself with supplies up there. Surely they have some lumber yards up there for the lumber. Most everything else you can get off of the internet.You'd come away a hell of alot cheaper. Just a thought.

Safe Riding,
Todd
JStrause
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-06-16 5:16 PM (#26706 - in reply to #26676)

Although I'm an engineer, I have no experience in cabinet building and plumbing, especially when it comes to an RV. I'm good with my hands, but your first try at something is never the best quality. It would be nicer (and much faster) to have a kit, as
opposed to fumbling my way through it and having it not come out exactly right. Other DIYers chime in.

The trailer is a 2005 Trails West with the side tack. The dressing room has a 5 ft SW, but has the comfort package, so it is already insulated and lined. I'd be looking at doing something similar to a "weekender package."
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)