'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Replacing a Trailer Floor

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-05-19 6:17 AM
1 replies, 3046 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Vintage465
Reg. May 2014
Posted 2014-05-17 8:14 PM (#159091)
Subject: Replacing a Trailer Floor

New User

Hi there, so my daughter has a 2000 Logan 2 horse slant. We did a floor inspection and found one rotted piece of wood by the right rear tail lamp and a slit piece of wood right about where the big boys back foot would go. So I am thinking just go ahead and replace the whole floor. First of all, has anyone had this done for them? All I can see is a repair shop charging a huge amount of $'s to remove the wall between the tack room and the stalls to get the wood up. Has anyone done this themselves? I think I could remove the bottom third of the wall to get wood up. It looks like the wood is relatively clean grade of Douglas Fir. What would your recommendation be for wood and maybe a preservative to put on it? Coppergreen maybe for a preservative? Any advise would be great!Thanks,V465
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hornet
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2014-05-19 6:17 AM (#159109 - in reply to #159091)
Subject: RE: Replacing a Trailer Floor

Extreme Veteran

I'm surprised no one has chimed in yet. I have a stock trailer that the front was closed in for a tack room, so the floor is just as you described, continuous under the dividing wall. The cheaper and easier solution to tearing out the wall, is the cut the floor at the wall and replace the floor in two sections. If supports are not available at the junction of the wall, it would be much cheaper and easier to weld in some angle iron to carry the end of the board then to remove the wall to replaced the floor.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)