'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
torsion axle problem

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-08-28 4:46 PM
2 replies, 2686 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

tbolt
Reg. Aug 2013
Posted 2013-08-28 9:26 AM (#154377)
Subject: torsion axle problem

New User

I never finished about my torsion axle issue. The space between left side tires and right side tires is 1 1/2 inches. Is my front axle bad? The right side front tire is toward the front of the trailer not centered in the fender well.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Spin Doctor
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2013-08-28 1:55 PM (#154391 - in reply to #154377)
Subject: RE: torsion axle problem

Extreme Veteran

IMo, hard to tell. Biggest sign is if the tires are wearing uneven. If axles are out of alignment, you will see significant wear within a few hundred miles. I wouldn't worry about not being centered in the fender well. If axle moved that much, you would see frame damage, loose/missing mounting bolts, etc. My guess is that fender has either been tweeked, replaced, or never was centered.

If a torsion axle is bent, typically, it is almost undetectable with a tape measure. You will see abnormal tire wear as the primary indicator.

tbolt
Reg. Aug 2013
Posted 2013-08-28 4:46 PM (#154401 - in reply to #154377)
Subject: RE: torsion axle problem

New User

Thanks for the reply. I never have had an issue with uneven wear with this trailer. I was told by my tire guy that the tire failed due to age, I'm the one that thinks it could have been the axle. You make a great point that there would be a tire wear problem if it's the axle. The trailer is 13 &1/2 years old.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)